Looking for an upgrade from current GPU but don't know which one

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jan 19, 2019
I have a 750 ti and i want to upgrade to a better GPU but dont know which one i thought about a 980 or a 980 ti but i think my CPU will bottleneck it again if you could reccomend me any graphics cards that would be great

My PC specs:
CPU: Intel Xeon E5630 2.53ghz 4 core
8 gb of ddr3 ram ( i thought about upgrading this to 16gb aswell )
Windows 7

Jan 19, 2019

So i should buy this one sell my rig and then after sell the one i bought and build a new pc?

That's not what I would do, but that all depends on how much you can spend. I would build the system then sell the existing one. Or sell the existing one then build a new one. Or just buy a used one that is better than yours. Really depends on you, what we would do may not match what you want to do or can do. If this was my system, I'd use it as it is till it really could not run anything I wanted.

The only thing I was saying in the post is that if you were going to upgrade the video card to a 980, it would be a waste in your current system, and the CPU upgrade is a waste as well. You can always buy a newer video card then save up for the rest of the components and sell your old system once the new one is done. But just a new card in your system over the 750 Ti would be pretty much a waste. Another catch is that newer video cards don't always like to work in older motherboards, especially OEM ones.

Status
Not open for further replies.