Looking for an upgrade from my current AMD A10-5800K.

Griffsbrown

Honorable
May 10, 2013
This is my build: http://pcpartpicker.com/user/Griffsbrown/saved/fTRkcf
I am looking for a better cpu. When I build this, I needed the apu because I could not afford a cpu and a graphics card so I bought this apu but shortly after that I got a radeon 7870 and thats what I have now. It has been a while since I upgraded my computer and since the apu has a lot of wasted potential I figured I should upgrade that next. I am looking for a reasonably priced motherboard/cpu combo. (If it is compatible with my current motherboard then that's great but I think only apus are compatible) I can spend 150$ on the cpu and not a dime more. The motherboard just needs to be cheap but I am not too worried about the price of the motherboard.

I prefer to stay with amd because people tell me that you get the same performance but intel just costs more. If you can find an intel for around the same price thats better or something please let me know. I am open to all suggestions (as long as its no more then 150$). Just remember I need a cpu suggestion and a motherboard that would work well with it if possible. I look forward to your suggestions guys. Thanks.

Edit: I found this and it looks quite good for the price: thoughts?
http://www.amazon.com/AMD-FD8320FRHKBOX-FX-8320-FX-Series-Edition/dp/B009O7YU56/ref=zg_bs_229189_7

Solution

Griffsbrown

Honorable
May 10, 2013

Wow thanks so much for the quick response. One last question for you. Would that cpu work with the stock cpu fan? Right now I have my current cpu running with the stock fan and it runs fine because I have about 8 fans in the thing but where this is a better cpu I don't know. An answer would be great. Thanks once again.

You are very welcome. The stock cooler will work just fine as long as you don't overclock. You can get the Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO for $30. It allows for overclocking to about 4.5GHz or so, depending on your chip.

Solution