Looking for an upgrade on a low budget

Wolvenrain

Reputable
Jul 12, 2015
Recently i got my hands on a GTX 1060 3GB video card from a friend for about $100. I've learned afterwards that apparently that my motherboard and CPU may not be up to the task of handling the things i want to run, as load times are even slower than before the upgrade. I've also learned that 2 of my 5 fans in my case do not work, and are not connected to the motherboard. These two fans do not even have cords built in to connect to the motherboard in the first place.

And so, I'm looking for a motherboard/CPU upgrade that goes well with a GTX 1060 3GB, while also providing fan ports for when i replace those. With regards to fans however, im probably just gonna give up and replace the whole chassis/case, as the 2 fans that don't work are built into the chassis.

Motherboard: ASRock H61M-DGS R2.0
Chipset: Intel 6 series c200 family 6 (According to device manager)
CPU: Intel Core i5-3570 3.40 GHz Quad Core
Power Supply: Corsair TX650W Enthusiast Series
Case: Thermaltake Armor+MX VH8000BWS

If it turns out that the motherboard and CPU should in theory be just fine, what recommendations would anyone have to improve performance in gaming?

Thank you in advance!

P.S. As a side note, the reason i mention fans is due to the fact that my power supply and video card are pretty hot, and i don't know if this is unusual thing, or if i should avoid it.

Wolvenrain

Reputable
Jul 12, 2015

Checking it out now!