Looking for any advice in regards to evga GTX 660 Ti SC 3GB GPU.

tritton78

Honorable
Mar 18, 2013
Hello, long time lurker and first time poster. I'll get down to the nitty gritty.
I recently bought a EVGA GTX 660 Ti 3GB gpu that I replaced a GTX 550 Ti with. My issue is that I don't think this card is living up to my expectations and I am unsure if there may be something wrong with the card or I am doing something wrong.

The reasons I feel this way are I don't seem to be getting a substantial increase over the GTX 550 which I thought I would see. For example, in some of the games I play Tera, and World of Warcraft being the two where I see no real increase in performance. There may be 5-10 FPS increase, if that, over the GTX 550 Ti. Secondly, while playing Tera today, for about I'd say 1 hour maybe a little bit more, my screen went pink for about 1 minute then resumed normally. However it resumed with a SEVERE FPS drop (20 FPS or less). I restarted my computer from there, and it restarted completely fine. I then proceeded to install Furmark and I ran that for an hour @ 74 C with no problems that I saw. The only issue was it was running at a steady 27-28 FPS in full screen which I'm not sure how that fares compared to other cards.

That's is really all the information I can give you besides my computer specs which I will list now.

i5 2500k @ OC'd to 4.5 (Stable).
620W Antec PSU
16 GB RAM
EVGA GTX 660 TI Superclocked 3gb (Hasn't been touched by me in regards to any Overclocking -- that is why I bought the superclocked =P).

Any advice or input is extremely appreciated.... Maybe this card just didn't live up to my expectation. ;(

tritton78

Honorable
Mar 18, 2013
1368x768. Running two monitors also. The main monitor-- the one i was playing the game on went pink. The second monitor just went black.

shamsmu

Honorable
May 30, 2012
the fps you are getting is indeed low but the games you are playing are highly dependent on cpu especially at that resolution

Can you try running 3dmark 11 and 3dmark vantage and post your scores? That's how I usually know if my cpu/gpu is performing as it should

Pgooch

Honorable
Aug 7, 2012
Screen went pink because your drivers crashed, try to delete all drivers and install latest driver then try to down clock the card some and see if you get better results if problem persists

shamsmu

Honorable
May 30, 2012
The scores are fairly normal the gtx660 ti scores range from 7700 to 9100 depending on the models and oc tho I'd expect a little more from the evga sc model but its nothing too far from ordinary. So I am assuming there is no major fault with your gpu(eg. damaged hardware) Try downloading the latest beta drivers and see if it improves things http://www.geforce.com/drivers/beta-legacy

Pgooch

Honorable
Aug 7, 2012
I don't have a clue but his memory clock and core clock are both a lot lower then they should be, I'm at work right now or I would do some research for you but I believe that is your problem. Open up gpuz and tell us your core clock and boost clock while running the benchmark

TRENDING THREADS