[SOLVED] Looking for best 3D graphics pc at around $1000

volstead

Reputable
Jul 4, 2019
I'm looking for a pc (desk or lap) that can handle apps like Maya and Autocad with ease. Gaming pc's have a lot of power, but I assume there must be a difference between gaming and 3D modeling. I'm using Blender right now but the Cycles render engine slows it down, especially when doing particle effects.

Would someone recommend a pre-built for around $1000 that's suited for this? I'm not looking to break the bank. I know there some very powerful workstations, like iMac Pro, but I'm not shelling out $3,999.

Thank you.

Solution
Both AutoCad and Maya rely heavily on single thread speeds, faster the cpu single core, the better. However, rendering engines like Arnold rely heavily on core count.

Unless you feel like shelling out for a threadripper based system like a 3970x, then pretty much a Ryzen 5800x is as good as it gets. Best combination of both, without the cost of the 5900x/5950x.

The gpu is often the issue. 3d render and other gpu bound processes often benefit from not using a GTX/RTX card, but a Quadro. The 'certified' makes a bunch of difference to the software, opening up abilities and processes that just aren't available to the mainstream boards.
Quadros just really suck for gaming anything...

Karadjgne

Titan
Ambassador
Both AutoCad and Maya rely heavily on single thread speeds, faster the cpu single core, the better. However, rendering engines like Arnold rely heavily on core count.

Unless you feel like shelling out for a threadripper based system like a 3970x, then pretty much a Ryzen 5800x is as good as it gets. Best combination of both, without the cost of the 5900x/5950x.

The gpu is often the issue. 3d render and other gpu bound processes often benefit from not using a GTX/RTX card, but a Quadro. The 'certified' makes a bunch of difference to the software, opening up abilities and processes that just aren't available to the mainstream boards.
Quadros just really suck for gaming anything.

https://www.pugetsystems.com/recomm...or-Autodesk-Maya-165/Hardware-Recommendations

Solution