Looking for best thermal paste for Dell d830

Status
Not open for further replies.

gunnwolf

Reputable
Oct 5, 2018
I have a Dell latitude d830 laptop which has its motherboard fried by overheating. The motherboard itself has an Nvidia GPU, but I know that it's been recalled from it's problem, so I'm getting a motherboard with intel GPU and intel t9500 CPU and heatsink for this and win7 64. My only question is finding the best thermal paste that works for this laptop. I know that there was a review about thermal paste last year, but I'm new at this, so I definitely do not want to make a mistake by frying another MB by overheating. Any suggestions? I want the paste to last a long time.

shmoochie

Commendable
May 10, 2018
Kryonaut is my favorite because it has really high thermal conductivity and no cure time. That being said, almost any of the big name brand pastes will work better than the stock paste that Dell used on that laptop.

gunnwolf

Reputable
Oct 5, 2018

I'll try that. I assume you mean thermal grizzly kryonaut?

shmoochie

Commendable
May 10, 2018

Yep!

gunnwolf

Reputable
Oct 5, 2018
Thanks. I'm planning a Motherboard swap from a Nvidia GPU to an Intel GPU my199. The fried one has intel t7700, but I'm upgrading to a t9500, new heatsink for the my199 MB and win 7 64 on this Dell d830. That's why I was looking for a excellent thermal paste for this machine. I did look through the reviews of 85 thermal paste on this website, including how to do it correctly. Good thing I bookmarked it. If all works well, I'll be refurbishing the other old laptops that ppl who's been living here for awhile threw away. I'm a stickler on "waste not, want not"

Status
Not open for further replies.