[SOLVED] Looking for better PSU - Not a stadnard ATX/SFX PSU

renkun

Distinguished
Jan 17, 2011
Hello,

I have this compact PC that came with a small PSU that looks like below.

UWja6pG.jpg

Left to right measures 17.5cm
front to back measures 7cm
Up to down 9cm

Does anyone know where i can buy a similar size, more powerful PSU?

Solution

An actual built as in a custom built gaming rig? So someone, an individual, chose one of the worst PSU's for a gaming rig. Custom built? I doubt it. Let's take a closer look at that pic. That's an In Win PC and not an actual or custom build. Now I can answer my own question. IN WIN BL-Series BL647 is the make and model.

A Radeon RX 550 NEEDS 16 amps on the 12v+ rail and a 300 watt power supply.That POS PSU provides 18A from the +12V rail and it's a 300W PSU. BUT it's a piece of junk without all the modern safety...

renkun

Distinguished
Jan 17, 2011
Hello,

No its not a dell or HP or from other compact makers. Its an actual built PC.

I intend to put a half height/profile RX550 and a few more parts so im worried about not having enough watts to get it running.

An actual built as in a custom built gaming rig? So someone, an individual, chose one of the worst PSU's for a gaming rig. Custom built? I doubt it. Let's take a closer look at that pic. That's an In Win PC and not an actual or custom build. Now I can answer my own question. IN WIN BL-Series BL647 is the make and model.

A Radeon RX 550 NEEDS 16 amps on the 12v+ rail and a 300 watt power supply.That POS PSU provides 18A from the +12V rail and it's a 300W PSU. BUT it's a piece of junk without all the modern safety features mainstream PSUs offer.

I'd search amazon for mini-itx PSUs like this one.

Solution