[SOLVED] looking for budget gpu to support UHD monitor on old system

Jan 11, 2020
Hi all. Happy New Year.
As mentioned in the title, I'm about to buy a 28" Ultra HD LED display,
and I need a budget GPU to support it. This is NOT for gaming.
I read and write a lot, occasionally for 16 hours straight,
and my eyes are having a hard time on my 10 year-old 27" LCD monitor which only supports... VGA.
so according to what I've been reading, I need ppi so I can then increase font-sizes without compromising image quality.
My current GPU is a Geforce GTS-250, which has been running surprisingly well for roughly a decade on 1920x1080.
That included some gaming up until, say, 2015, and occasional playing around in After Effects.
Its max power load is 150W if I'm not mistaken.
I have no idea what that number looks like for modern-day GPUs, but I would happily skip upgrading my PSU - for now.
So, power-efficiency is also a consideration. Along with budget-friendliness. And quietness (if that's an option).
Also, don't know if there are any new kinds of GPU slots these days, but it has to fit on my GA-H55M-UD2H motherboard
(Core i7-860 CPU & 8GB RAM [2GBx4]), and at the same-time be "forward compatible", or whatever it's called,
because I'll probably be upgrading the rest of my system in a year or so.

Also, kindly suggest more than one options, as I reside in Greece, and some models may be difficult to find.
Thanks a lot in advance.

Solution
nVidia 1030 cards will be able to handle 4k resolutions for standard use easily. Make sure you do a BIOS update on your system before installing one, newer video cards may have issues running on older systems.