[SOLVED] Looking for compatible ram

Oct 31, 2020
I am starting my search for a 16gb dual ram for my MSI gaming laptop(Model:10SCSR-448) because Black Friday is coming up soon, so I would like to find Ram that will fit. :) [so far I can not find any that will fit]

Solution
All those GF75 models come with 2 slots. Some models occupy 1 slot with 8Gb, some occupy both slots with 2x8Gb. What I couldn't find was the slot amount limit, whether that's max 8Gb per slot, or higher.

I looked at Crucial for MSI Notebooks for the GF75 Thin (you'll need the exact model, SD or SDIX etc) and 32Gb for a single stick was an option.

As COLGeek said, 2x8Gb is plenty, 2x16Gb more than enough for any real usage.

I'd start with checking Crucial and Kingston for memory compatibility, either one will be happy to get you fixed up if you ask them for advice.

Karadjgne

Titan
Ambassador
All those GF75 models come with 2 slots. Some models occupy 1 slot with 8Gb, some occupy both slots with 2x8Gb. What I couldn't find was the slot amount limit, whether that's max 8Gb per slot, or higher.

I looked at Crucial for MSI Notebooks for the GF75 Thin (you'll need the exact model, SD or SDIX etc) and 32Gb for a single stick was an option.

As COLGeek said, 2x8Gb is plenty, 2x16Gb more than enough for any real usage.

I'd start with checking Crucial and Kingston for memory compatibility, either one will be happy to get you fixed up if you ask them for advice.

Solution