[SOLVED] Looking for professional advice on these pc parts

DangerWolf

Prominent
Aug 15, 2020
I have already built my pc and I don't want to change anything other than the motherboard. Here is a link to all the PC parts : Click.Also a photo with the items in English: Click So the issue is that I'm not sure if this motherboard is good enough not to heat up too much and most importantly not to die so I can keep using the PC. Other than knowing if the motherboard is durable enough and it will be good to go for this PC, I would like to know if I should switch the ram(their freq is maximum 3200) and the motherboard does not support more than 2666 mhz. I would also like to mention that I don't need more pci slots or ram slots. Thank you and have a nice day!

Solution
The board should be fine, if you want more assurance, you can get a board with a heatsink on the vrm. But, with a i5 9400f, I don't see the vrms being much of an issue. Unless you plan to upgrade in the future. You might want to make sure if the board comes updated, the b360m boards were originally for 8th gen chips.

The ram will automatically drop to their lowest speed, or will have to be set with xmp to the max of 2666Mhz. You can change the ram to 2666Mhz if it's cheaper, but there is no issue with using higher rated ram.

I personally would suggest getting a socket 1200 cpu and motherboard instead, like a b460m and a i3 10100.
The board should be fine, if you want more assurance, you can get a board with a heatsink on the vrm. But, with a i5 9400f, I don't see the vrms being much of an issue. Unless you plan to upgrade in the future. You might want to make sure if the board comes updated, the b360m boards were originally for 8th gen chips.

The ram will automatically drop to their lowest speed, or will have to be set with xmp to the max of 2666Mhz. You can change the ram to 2666Mhz if it's cheaper, but there is no issue with using higher rated ram.

I personally would suggest getting a socket 1200 cpu and motherboard instead, like a b460m and a i3 10100.

Solution

DangerWolf

Prominent
Aug 15, 2020

So if you say that the motherboard can handle these pc parts without any unexpected inconvenience then I'm grateful. About your suggestions, This is a pc that I have built for someone and I'm just making sure that it will work as expected, whatever that is besides the point. I've seen the cpu having very nice results and being well known in gaming (which this person uses the pc mostly) and I think that I'll leave it like that, if you're sure than why change it.Thank you for your opinion and for your time spent, have a nice day!

Ok, then yeah it'll work fine. I have never come across ram that hasn't been able to clock lower then the stated speed. I have come across ram that couldn't go up to it's stated speed, but that doesn't matter here.

The main reason I was suggesting a different build was because 6 cores and 6 threads are fast becoming not enough. Since you already have the system, you'll be fine. But you may find some instances where the cpu will be 90%+ and unable to use discord or other applications while gaming.