Looking for custom gaming computer company that has payment plans for people with no credit HELP PLEEEEASE!!!!!

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Feb 23, 2019
I’m desperate!!! I’m disabled and on social security disability income. I have no credit card and not allowed to have one says Ssi (don’t wanna start a discussion or disagreement debate because I KNOW what they said TO MY FACE) and so I have zero credit established but I wanna get a nice rig that I can pay off in installments. Please help me out!!! PLEEEASE!!! I’m sick and tired of buying garbage eBay gaming computers on the cheap and Craigslist crap !!!!!!!

Rental places as in post above are a good place to check, although you will be paying like 25-30% over real price at the end, maybe more.

If you are good with computers like you say, why not get something used off craigslist? You should be able to sort out what is good and not and how to test it. I don't remember the last time I got new anything really. Only thing new in my system was the mouse/keyboard/case and WiFi card. I still use the power supply I got used in a trade like 4 years ago, I think ended up costing me a used Verizon phone I had for a high end Corsair. Used, trade, barter, etc.. all good ways to find cheap stuff, if you know what you are looking at.

Skpstr

Distinguished
Oct 9, 2013
Another option would be some kind of high risk public lender. They just give you a high-interest loan.

You'd still overpay, but it would be better than using an actual PC builder's financing, as you could select your own parts, and not pay for shop time/labor.

200 most likely if I move some things around but it’s coming directly out of my ssdi discretionary account not my reloadable debit card for my less than profitable company. So I can pay for that a lot easier with more (and more stable) cash flow then if I bought it myself

If you can pay 200 a month, in 3 months you will have a perfectly good system. Bit confusing about your thoughts there, if you can pay 200 a month on a system that will cost you double or more with a high interest payment plan, but you keep saying you will be 70 by the time you save up enough for a computer. Last I checked, a decent setup with an RX580 video card and a lower end Intel or AMD CPU can be had in the $600 range. That is 3 months. Unless you are now 69 and 2/3rd, at 200 a month that is a bit less than "till 70" in savings. Even if you want something higher than just a decent system, in 4-5 months you will have something mid range.

And you keep talking about your computer business and other "rigs" you have, you can't sell any of the computers you have now to get extra money for the new one? This is just a very confusing thing, like a 6 year old that wants the ice cream NOW, NOW, NOW, instead of having to wait an hour after dinner.

If you can put $200 a month towards a system, you have no worries here, in 3 months you have a computer. Even a laptop with a 1050 video card.

USAFRet

Titan
If you have access to a car title (or co-signed) you can put up for collateral, get a secured personal loan.

No way you are going to get any type of credit line, and keeping the vehicle is a pretty good incentive to make payments.
Putting a car up as collateral for a loan to buy a gaming PC/laptop.

I can probably come up with a worse idea, but I'd have to think really hard to find one.

Reactions: Rogue Leader

izoli

Distinguished
Apr 29, 2011
You can purchase through a company such as avadirect and pay through Affirm which as long as you don't have late payments or defaults on other loans they would probably take you on.

I purchased a custom laptop for $5721 and made 3 payments of $1988 for a total payment of $5966. So an almost $250 loss in interest, but if you don't have great credit or lots of cashed stashed away then thats probably the only thing you can do.

TRENDING THREADS