[SOLVED] Looking for decent/cheap SSD storage for games

Im looking for the best "price/performance" SSD for 40$-50$ preferably 500gb or 1tb if there is any good deals.

If anyone knows of anything that I wouldnt have to worry about dying or being too slow, please send me a link :) thanks

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 14196

Good luck. That is about the cheapest I’ve seen. And cheaper ones aren’t reliable at all over any length of time

Games don’t require ssd anyway

The absolute closest to a 500gb ssd that isn't chinese knockoff that is going to fail you shortly after purchasing is Crucial BX500 2.5in SATA SSD 480GB. But as Mandark said, the MX500 is probably the best reliable, budget friendly 500gb ssd.

Or you know, just buy a WD blue 2tb for the same price.

Idk Ive been watching somde videos from reputable computer channels on youtube and there is some brand called Adata. The 500gb model is 52$ and has a 140tb total write. Says they are great as a secondary drive and he did hella tests and their not perceptively slower than say a samsung 860 evo, which I have 1 in 250gb as my boot drive.

So I just cant believe that crucials is the only one that is reliable enough as a secondary drive.

And the Adata brand has a 3 year warranty. All Id be storing on it is games anyways not like Id lose any useful info.

Idk anyone care to weigh in on this?

Does it work

Reputable
Jun 3, 2017
Idk Ive been watching somde videos from reputable computer channels on youtube and there is some brand called Adata. The 500gb model is 52$ and has a 140tb total write. Says they are great as a secondary drive and he did hella tests and their not perceptively slower than say a samsung 860 evo, which I have 1 in 250gb as my boot drive.

So I just cant believe that crucials is the only one that is reliable enough as a secondary drive.

And the Adata brand has a 3 year warranty. All Id be storing on it is games anyways not like Id lose any useful info.

Idk anyone care to weigh in on this?

Again, the crucial one is the closest to your $50. ADATA, although decent, is still closer to $60. But then again, I suppose those 32gb could be worth the bit more, not really, but I suppose
https://www.amazon.com/ADATA-SU800-512GB-3D-NAND-ASU800SS-512GT-C/dp/B01K8A29CS, its casing is cheap plastic though, so that helps with it. I personally wouldn't trust this one. It's write speed isnt that great.

You can get as low as $51, but personally I have never heard of Pioneer, so I can't vouch for it. There is a Silicon Power (some what reputable), and is a reasonable performer, except the fact it's 4k reads and Sequential speeds do suffer a little on sata3 drives, other than that it's not the worst, crucial just use better quality casings. Their nvme cards tend to be pretty decent budget options though.

I would still pick the Crucial BX500 2.5in SATA SSD 480GB (MX500 still preferable) for the sata ssd. But if I had to pick between the silicon power nvme or crucial p1, the silicon power in this instance may be superior (the crucial one runs a bit slow, though to be completely honest, if not getting evo 970, here is where I would get an ADATA drive, the SX8200 is amazing price to performance point, only just slightly behind the 970)

Last edited:
Adata is hit or miss. I would avoid them.

The MX500 is the best option out there. I would personally not look for a cheaper drive if possible.

If you can use an NVME SSD, the Intel 660p 512GB for $59 is a good deal. Faster than an MX500 and cheaper. The 660p is also reliable.
https://pcpartpicker.com/product/zw...2-2280-nvme-solid-state-drive-ssdpeknw512g8x1

Heres a Kingston A400 480gb for $53. The Kingston A400s are a go-to budget drive but they are ok, nothing special.
https://pcpartpicker.com/product/WGZ2FT/kingston-a400-480gb-25-solid-state-drive-sa400s37480g

Or you could go for a Crucial BX500 480gb for $55. It is a dram-less budget model from Crucial with similar performance to the A400 (which does have dram)
https://pcpartpicker.com/product/8R66Mp/crucial-bx500-480gb-25-solid-state-drive-ct480bx500ssd1

Last edited: