Question Looking for drive partitioning software for a small computer side business

fcar1999ta

Distinguished
Apr 24, 2014
I need advice on drive partitioning software that I can use in my small computer side business. I mainly want to rearrange partitions so that I can backup a drive and restore on a larger drive, keeping the partition structure, but move them so that the main partition is larger. I know that it is easy, but I don't know the legalities with using for a business. I appreciate any help.

Ralston18

Titan
To add another thought:

You can also use Powershell - also Microsoft/Windows.

https://woshub.com/disks-partitions-management-powershell/

And you can easily find other similar links explaining how to apply Powershell to disk management, etc..

= = = =

The most important thing is to be absolutely sure that you and your customer have full data backups.

Data backed up at least 2 x to locations away from the host computer and associated drives.

Backups must be verified to be recoverable and readable.

fcar1999ta

Distinguished
Apr 24, 2014
I thought that Windows was not capable of moving partitions. I gave up on using Windows for imaging a long time ago. Guess I will have to play with Windows 11 some more.

USAFRet

Titan
A few thoughts:

Full drive backups MUST be done before messing with partitions.
FAR too easy to make a mistake, and end up with a borked drive and lost data.

When cloning to a new, possibly larger drive, current clone tools can manipulate the target partition sizes in the process. No need to manage that before.

Latest posts