Honorable
Jul 9, 2013
How is this config for casual gaming?

1.Core i3-4130 3.4GHZ
2.Gigabyte GA B85M D3H
3.Shappire r7 250 1 gb ddr5
4.Corsair CX 430-430 Watts
5.Dell S2340 23" ips monitor

I already have a case(NZXT) , HDD(two WD blue 1TB), DVD drive. Is this config enough for casual gaming at decent graphics? or What other components offer better performance in same price bracket? Also suggest ram too. Is Intel option better or AMD? My total budget is around 38k to 40k INR max(around $650). For prices check either Flipkart.com or Snapdeal.com.
Any input would be welcome.

You should be fine.

As an alternative you may price an AMD Athlon X4 750K with an FM2+ motherboard, and see if an R7 260 will fit in your budget.

If an older card (such as an HD7770) is available, that may save you some money, too, and would be a nice leap in performance over the R7 250.

Scremin34Egl

Honorable
Nov 13, 2013
It will get you playing but definitely don't expect max settings at 1080p. I would push for a 7770 as it offers a significant performance boost over the R7 250
http://

For ram, 8gb is enough but if you are tight on a budget you can get a single 4gb stick for now

What types of games are you looking to play ?

Darian Vs

Honorable
Jul 9, 2013

is HD 7770 better than r7 250? I thought since it was new its generally more powerful. Any nvidia cards for same price better performance?

Darian Vs

Honorable
Jul 9, 2013

common shooting games maybe a few racing games here and there. Dont want max settings. just decent fps would be nice. Can i play new titles on this config? Also is the monitor good? I've heard its good for its price. Any alternatives?

gangsta4lives

Reputable
Apr 22, 2014

I went through the websites for you. I was reading reviews about these sites and I think that flipkart maybe better than snapdeal. But I don't know for sure. I don't live in your country. LOL.

Scremin34Egl

Honorable
Nov 13, 2013

Yes you can play new titles but on low resolution and settings on the more demanding games. I see that's a full hd monitor, it's good, but you may have to lower the resolution on the more demanding games. How about dropping to a smaller, cheaper 720p monitor and buying a better graphics card ?

To give you an idea of how the card performs:

Grid2-FR.png

BF4-FR.png

AC4-FR.png

Overall, performance is actually not too bad and definitely playable on lower settings and resolution

Darian Vs

Honorable
Jul 9, 2013

i already have a 720p monitor. Its good but need to upgrade it. So i thought of opting for 1080p monitor. Does the processor make a lot of difference in gaming? Is intel better or amd in same price range? ( sorry if i ask too many questions... This is my first build. All my other pcs were pre built. Hope you don't mind if i ask too many and silly questions.)

Darian Vs

Honorable
Jul 9, 2013
I went through the websites for you. I was reading reviews about these sites and I think that flipkart maybe better than snapdeal. But I don't know for sure. I don't live in your country. LOL.[/quotemsg]

Both are good. But i dont think i will buy from either of them. I mentioned them just for price comparison. Will buy mostly everything locally. Thanks for the input though.

Scremin34Egl

Honorable
Nov 13, 2013

It really all depends on the game. Some games are more processor dependent and run a bit better when their are more cores available, eg, crysis 3
CPU_03.png

while others just want a stronger gpu and the i3 can easily beat an fx 6300 and keep up with an fx 8350 or beat it in some cases

The gpu is obviously the most important for gaming and you should always try to spend the most on that but that doesn't mean you can get any junk cpu as it will bottleneck your system.

Intel is obviously ahead of AMD and offer better per core performance, use less power and output less heat but are generally more expensive. AMD's fx series chips on the other hand are all fully unlocked and have more cores for the price.

is HD 7770 better than r7 250? I thought since it was new its generally more powerful. Any nvidia cards for same price better performance?

R7 250 --- 384 Radeon GCN Cores
HD7770 -- 640 Radeon GCN Cores

AMD typically wins the performance battle at various price points in the US but it may be different in your country. Also, the HD7xxx-series of cards are normally lower in cost as vendors try to move inventory.

A gaming build is 70%+ driven by your video card. A CPU like the Athlon X4 750K works well with video cards up to the R9 270X (which is a new version of the HD7870). As compared to the video cards above ...

HD7850 -- 1024 Radeon GCN Cores
HD7870 -- 1536 Radeon GCN Cores

At your resolution (720p) I think your best performance bet would be the HD7850 1GB if one is available from your vendor.

Darian Vs

Honorable
Jul 9, 2013
It really all depends on the game. Some games are more processor dependent and run a bit better when their are more cores available, eg, crysis 3
CPU_03.png

while others just want a stronger gpu and the i3 can easily beat an fx 6300 and keep up with an fx 8350 or beat it in some cases

The gpu is obviously the most important for gaming and you should always try to spend the most on that but that doesn't mean you can get any junk cpu as it will bottleneck your system.

Intel is obviously ahead of AMD and offer better per core performance, use less power and output less heat but are generally more expensive. AMD's fx series chips on the other hand are all fully unlocked and have more cores for the price.[/quotemsg]

i will be using the pc for other tasks also. So i think I'll go with i3. Its enough for the 7770 to run at full potential right? Also is 8 gb ram a must? Or will 4gb do? What is the difference bw a gaming ram and a normal one? Which one should i go for?

Darian Vs

Honorable
Jul 9, 2013

7850 is over my budget. I will be going with 7770. What psu should i go for since it requires a 6 pin connector?( not too expensive)

Scremin34Egl

Honorable
Nov 13, 2013

http://
Has more than enough power for the 7770 and should give you room for future upgrades

:ouch: That HD7850 is high ! The HD7770 is certainly the best bargain for your money on the graphics side, and there was a combo with a Corsair PSU that may save you some money. The other real bargain that jumped out at me was the Phenom II 560BE -- it's likely a C3-stepping and will OC like a champ, and you have a 70% chance of unlocking it to a quad core Denab. With the Asus M5A97 it will save you almost 1500 INR versus the i3-4130 and Gigabyte mobo.

AND just to be clear ... IPS panels are great for color reproduction and detail but can be a bit 'laggy' in gaming because of the slower (maybe 8ms?) response rate.

Darian Vs

Honorable
Jul 9, 2013

how is this psu? http://www.flipkart.com/corsair-vs550-550-watt-psu/p/itmdg36xx8yzgjrs?pid=PSUDG34775NHYDHK&srno=b_1&ref=4537c31d-d073-4df1-8611-87c185daa994

Though it doesn't have a 6 pin connector the graphics card comes with molex converter right? is there any significant difference bw 6 pin connecter and molex converted connector in terms of power delivery?

Darian Vs

Honorable
Jul 9, 2013

My current monitor is a tn panel and colour reproduction and visibility is not that good. So i went for ips. Maybe a bit laggy but wont mind. Moreover i will use this pc for watcting movies a lot besides gaming.

Also am not into overclocking and definitely don't want to overclock a new pc. I don't even know how to overclock for that matter. I don't know anything about amd processors,their architecture,type of socket,performance,motherboards etc. Like i said i will be using this pc for other applications also and not solely for gaming. So unless there is a significant performance difference from the i3 to equivalently priced amd offering for my uses(if there is please suggest with motherboard) i will be going with i3.

gangsta4lives

Reputable
Apr 22, 2014

That may actually bid you well. Don't ever, ever overclock until you are absolutely sure of what you are doing. I know tons of people who overclocked their rigs and got them fried. And, by any chance, you do want to overclock in the future, make sure you overclock one small step at a time. You don't want to increase the variables up several notches and expect it to work flawlessly without any side effect. Only time will tell how much longer the hardware will last.

And, also, go for i3.

Scremin34Egl

Honorable
Nov 13, 2013

It actually does come with a 6 pin connector. Though not a recommended power supply, it should work with your setup. I would say stick with the cx430 since it's 80 plus certified