[SOLVED] Looking for feedback on gaming build

benchmixed

Prominent
Apr 3, 2018
Just looking for some final feedback on the build before I order parts. Any possible compatibility issues I may have missed too.

My budget is around £2000 and I am in England, parts will be bought online from UK based sites. The PC will be used for gaming. No streaming will be done. Just triple A gaming and day to day internet browsing.

The most unsure thing for me is the case, because the H500P Mesh has a non-mesh top, which is where I'm planning on mounting the cpu AIO radiator to push air out. So I was worried about air having a hard time escaping. The reviews for the case seem to be very positive though.

Thank you.

PCPartPicker Part List: https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/list/MgkgYT

CPU: Intel Core i7-9700K 3.6 GHz 8-Core Processor (£367.98 @ Aria PC)
CPU Cooler: Cooler Master MasterLiquid ML240R RGB 66.7 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler (£89.99 @ AWD-IT)
Motherboard: Gigabyte Z390 AORUS PRO WIFI ATX LGA1151 Motherboard (£182.68 @ Box Limited)
Memory: Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3200 Memory (£100.52 @ CCL Computers)
Storage: Samsung 970 Evo 1 TB M.2-2280 NVME Solid State Drive (£178.59 @ BT Shop)
Storage: Seagate Barracuda Computer 2 TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive (£53.49 @ Aria PC)
Video Card: MSI GeForce RTX 2080 SUPER 8 GB VENTUS OC Video Card (£689.98 @ Box Limited)
Case: Cooler Master MasterCase H500P Mesh ATX Mid Tower Case (£132.48 @ Amazon UK)
Power Supply: Corsair RMx (2018) 750 W 80+ Gold Certified Fully Modular ATX Power Supply (£99.99 @ PC World Business)
Total: £1895.70

Solution
Thanks for the advice.

Would you happen to know anything about RGB? I'm a little confused on how I would set it up. Both the case (Cooler Master MasterCase H500P Mesh) and the AIO (Cooler Master MasterLiquid ML240R) come with a controller. Would I need to plug in and set up both these controllers? Or could I just use one and plug in both the AIO and case into it?

If you're going to do RGB it's better if everything has the same controller. Having multiple RGB controllers could cause system conflicts and other potential headaches. I would personally lose that cooler and pay a bit more for a Corsair H115i. That might put it a bit over budget but the H115i is a much better AIO than the Cooler Master is. You could also get the...

benchmixed

Prominent
Apr 3, 2018
It all looks good, no compatibility issues. For a Ryzen counterpart, this is what you could get. Cheap CPU allows for faster RAM and better water cooling, but the CPU has slightly less gaming performance (a few FPS).

Thanks for the advice.

Would you happen to know anything about RGB? I'm a little confused on how I would set it up. Both the case (Cooler Master MasterCase H500P Mesh) and the AIO (Cooler Master MasterLiquid ML240R) come with a controller. Would I need to plug in and set up both these controllers? Or could I just use one and plug in both the AIO and case into it?

g-unit1111

Titan
Thanks for the advice.

If you're going to do RGB it's better if everything has the same controller. Having multiple RGB controllers could cause system conflicts and other potential headaches. I would personally lose that cooler and pay a bit more for a Corsair H115i. That might put it a bit over budget but the H115i is a much better AIO than the Cooler Master is. You could also get the Intel 660P over the Samsung drive and save 100 quid in that area alone.

Solution

benchmixed

Prominent
Apr 3, 2018
If you're going to do RGB it's better if everything has the same controller. Having multiple RGB controllers could cause system conflicts and other potential headaches. I would personally lose that cooler and pay a bit more for a Corsair H115i. That might put it a bit over budget but the H115i is a much better AIO than the Cooler Master is. You could also get the Intel 660P over the Samsung drive and save 100 quid in that area alone.

Thank you, I will go with the corsair cooler, it does seem to have very positive reviews and a lot more videos/articles about it. Plus for simplicity I'm going to skip any RGB on the AIO as it's just causing me quite a bit of confusion.

I'll do more research into SSDs too.

g-unit1111

Titan
Thank you, I will go with the corsair cooler, it does seem to have very positive reviews and a lot more videos/articles about it. Plus for simplicity I'm going to skip any RGB on the AIO as it's just causing me quite a bit of confusion.

I'll do more research into SSDs too.

It's really not that hard, and it's much better if your system has uniform lighting and that will give you better control over the whole RGB lighting system if you do.