• Now's your chance win big! Join our community and get entered to win a RTX 2060 GPU, plus more! Join here.

Pi Cast Episode 3 streams live on Tuesday, August 4th at 2:30 pm ET (7:30 PM BST). Watch live right here!

Catch Scharon on the Tom's Hardware Show live on Thursday, August 6th at 2:00 pm ET (7:00 PM BST). Click here!

Question Looking for Free Music Audio File Converter Software

MasterYoda327

Prominent
May 26, 2019
I will re-rip my music collection into FLAC with the Mediamonkey music player. I am aware that it can convert audio files to different formats, but it seems to be limited to individual albums. In the past, I used a paid-license version of NCH Software to make MP3 copies of my FLAC music collection with customized MP3 audio properties (e.g. joint-stereo, CBR, VBR). It could also copy the folder structure of both the main folders and sub-folders of my FLAC music collection. However, the license only allows me to use it on one computer and does not allow me to use the license again on either a different computer or the same computer after it is reformatted.

I wish to avoid having to pay for a license again to use the same software. Does anyone know of a reliable free audio converter software that not only allows me to make copies of my FLAC songs in MP3, but also allows me to customize the audio properties like joint-stereo, CBR, VBR, etc. and lets me copy the folder structure of the folders and subfolders of my FLAC music collection so I don't have to manually create new folders?

Thanks.

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS