Question Looking for full-sized backlit wired keyboard with volume knob to replace my Logitech G810

Aug 16, 2020
I'm looking to replace my Logitech G810 due to recent problems with it duplicating keys and loss of backlighting on some keys.

I really like the volume knob and the feel of the keys, plus it MUST be a wired board. When looking up the specs, it appears they use Romer-G, which are about 45gf linear. I guess I'd like to keep the same type of feel, and from when I can tell the Cherry reds fall into that category, right?

Anyway, I looked at Das Keyboard 5QS, but I don't want anything that requires cloud connectivity. I really don't want anything that requires software, unless it's open source, audited, and no internet required. From their website : "A developer can communicate with a Q device via a cloud or a local (desktop) API. Both API are compatible." No thanks!

Ducky has a few nice boards, but now volume control. If they made one, I'd definitely buy one, but sorry to say they are not an option because of it.

Keychron C2 is wired, but no volume knob.

Logitech is a risk, because I've had problems with my G810 (backlighting) months after getting. I'd like to avoid them as I've lost faith in the quality of their products.

So, what options are there?
  1. Full-sized
  2. Backlit (RBG preferred, but solid color if I must)
  3. About 45-50gf preferred, like the G810, and I think it's linear. Cherry red or equivalent. (I think this is right. I really like the G810 typing feel, so whatever that is in relation to others. All this key stuff is new to me.)
  4. Volume knob and mute key like the G810
  5. No cloud requirement for the software, but prefer no software at all (local and open source only, if I must)
  6. Must be wired
Thanks!