[SOLVED] Looking for future improvement advices.

Dec 18, 2018
Hello!
I Created my first build a week ago everything looks great! but i would like to see some opinions on what i could do better,also what could i upgrade in the future. Giving some tip for priorities would be great to!

CPU: AMD ​Ryzen 5 2600 / Price:154€
GPU: Sapphire Radeon RX 580 8GB Pulse / Price 241€
SSD: Samsung 970 Evo NVMe M.2 250GB / Price 75€
RAM: Patriot Viper 4 Series 8GB DDR4-3000MHz / Price 59€
Motherboard: Asrock Fatal1ty B450 Gaming K4 / Price 86€
PSU: CoolerMaster MasterWatt 550 / Price 64€
Case: COUGAR MX330-G Middle ATX / Price 32€

Total price with taxes was about 720-750€

Solution

Overall, I think your system should be pretty good for current games as it is. I certainly wouldn't say an RX 580 was a mistake, as both it and the RX 570 currently offer some of the best value in mid-range gaming performance. The...
Dec 18, 2018

Yeah I know about ram i was not sure what would be the right upgrade tho 2x4+2x8 to be safe with future games or 2x4+2x4 because it doesnt metter that much for the next year atleast?
About the GPU at the time it was the best option for me since I got freesync monitor and it is a decent gpu for the price imo.

I think 16GB should be good for at least a few years. Recent games are just starting to benefit from having more than 8GB of RAM, and it will likely be a while before they start benefiting from having more than double that amount.

And yeah, there's always room for a graphics card upgrade down the line, though the RX 580 should be reasonably good at running today's games at 1080p.

Is the 250GB SSD your only storage? If so, you would probably want more before long. Even a somewhat less-fast SATA SSD should be fine for installing games to. Or a hard drive if you have lots of bulk files to store.

Dec 18, 2018

About the graphic card I know there was huge improvement but since I was on a budget + had a Freesync 1080p monitor it felt like the right choice at the time. Well a mistake was that I didnt know RX 590 was like +40 Euro to get it.Maybe i could spend some less money on other parts to grab this one instead.

Storage,yeah only the m.2,but it aint gonna be a problem for the first months.

A quick question is it possible to overclock my CPU with this Motherboard? and if it is,is there a reason to do it?

Overall, I think your system should be pretty good for current games as it is. I certainly wouldn't say an RX 580 was a mistake, as both it and the RX 570 currently offer some of the best value in mid-range gaming performance. The RX 590 is pretty much just an RX 580 built on an updated process designed to push somewhat higher clocks. In practice though, it tends to only be around 5 to 10% faster than an RX 580, depending on factory overclocks, making it arguably not worth paying all that much more for.

Among graphics cards currently available, you would need to look at spending more for something like a GTX 1070 / 1070 Ti / RX 2060 / Vega 56 to get noticeably better performance. AMD should have new mid-range cards built on a 7nm process later this year that will likely bring significantly more performance to this price range, and Nvidia should be rolling out new mid-range cards as well.

It should be possible to overclock that CPU a bit with the stock cooler, or perhaps a bit more with a better cooler, and B450 boards support overclocking. As for whether it's worth it, it could potentially help smooth out performance a bit in some games that are more demanding on the CPU. With a mid-range graphics card though, I doubt the CPU would be limiting performance much in most current games, even at stock clocks, though the option for overclocking should be there.

Solution