Question Looking for gaming laptop advice

Dec 10, 2021
Hey all. I'm planning to switch from desktop to laptop soon for a more minimalistic setup and add potential for mobility in the future. Any advice is greatly appreciated.

1. What is your budget?
~2500 CAD tops, possibly a bit higher depending on upgrade significance.

2. What is the size of the notebook that you are considering?
Any size.

3. What screen resolution do you want?
1920:1080

4. Do you need a portable or desktop replacement laptop?
Desktop replacement

5. How much battery life do you need?
It will generally be plugged in, if not always

6. Do you want to play games with your laptop? If so then please list the games that you want to with the settings that you want for these games. (Low,Medium or High)?
Dead by Daylight, Skyrim, World of Warcraft, New World, Rust, Conan Exiles, VR Chat with VR enabled. I don't mind playing games in low settings but the games that I play are sometimes rather alpha stage type games that can be very demanding on the GPU

7. What other tasks do you want to do with your laptop? (Photo/Video editing, Etc.)
Video editing and streaming video games. I recently ran my video editing software to upload a 45 minute video, which resulted in about 15 GB of memory usage, as per what I saw on Task Manager, leading me to believe I may need 32 GB of RAM for comfortable editing. Also I'll be doing artistic stuff so monitor color quality is probably gonna be important

8. How much storage (Hard Drive capacity) do you need?
I'm thinking around 500 G, as most things I store on externals

9. If you are considering specific sites to buy from, please post their links.
These are websites that I've used in the past to buy computers.
www.memoryexpress.com
https://www.lenovo.com/ca

10. How long do you want to keep your laptop?
As long as reasonably possible within my budget, as it's a pretty big investment for me and I can't predict whether I'll be able to afford a second one or not

11. What kind of Optical drive do you need? DVD ROM/Writer,Bluray ROM/Writer,Etc ?
I don't know if I need an optical drive, probably not. I can't remember the last time I used a CD of any kind

12. Please tell us about the brands that you prefer to buy from them and the brands that you don't like and explain the reasons.
All I know is I had a Lenovo writing computer once and the keys were delightful to type on, and I heard Lenovo computers are good. I also am apprehensive about Ryzen after getting a processor from them that has crazy high temperatures but is supposedly "built to withstand them" which just seems kind of sketchy to me. Overall it amounts to a mild suspicious that Intel may be more trustable to go with than Ryzen for a processor, but I'm not sure

13. What country do you live in?
Canada

Lutfij

Titan
It will generally be plugged in, if not always
Make sure to discharge the laptop's battery to 10% once you've charged said battery to 100%, doing so helps maintain optimal battery life. Most people tend to complain of a battery failure due to having it plugged into the wall all the time.

The short list for laptop's from the two preferred sites are;
https://www.memoryexpress.com/Categ...dc0e-b59fb10b7331&Sort=PriceDesc&PageSize=120
and
https://www.lenovo.com/ca/en/d/gaming-laptops?sort=price-desc&currentResultsLayoutType=grid

The choices on Lenovo are configurable though.

TRENDING THREADS