Looking for gaming lga 775 cpu

Jul 5, 2018
I need a gaming cpu for lga 775!
And its really annoying that intel core 2 duo E8400 is so slow!
Please consider gaming cpus in the comments because i really want to play games
like House keeper/Assassins creed/Gta

Solution
Unfortunately, the E8400 is almost the fastest dual-core CPU available for that socket. If a game can take advantage of more than two cores, it may be worthwhile to upgrade to a quad-core processor (Q9650), but you'd first need to make sure your motherboard actually supports that processor. If a game does not take advantage of more that two cores, no processor upgrade is going to help you.

In all honesty, if you want to play more recent games, it's time for a new computer.

-Wolf sends

Wolfshadw

Titan
Unfortunately, the E8400 is almost the fastest dual-core CPU available for that socket. If a game can take advantage of more than two cores, it may be worthwhile to upgrade to a quad-core processor (Q9650), but you'd first need to make sure your motherboard actually supports that processor. If a game does not take advantage of more that two cores, no processor upgrade is going to help you.

In all honesty, if you want to play more recent games, it's time for a new computer.

-Wolf sends

Solution

That is a 2008 CPU. Why would you be annoyed that it's slow?

I agree with others.. the best you can do with that same system is to go to the EXACT motherboard site and find the CPU support list then find the best CPU it supports.

Anything you find will suck for modern gaming though , plus how much DDR memory do you have? Are you limited to 4GB?

Even if you can use all 4GB (64-bit Windows) of that it's not enough and I highly doubt you support 8GB (i.e. 4x2GB).

*having said that LGA775 CPU's are pretty cheap on eBay. Such as:
https://www.ebay.com/p/Intel-Core-2-Quad-Q9505-2-83-GHz-Quad-Core-BX80580Q9505-Processor/78521707?iid=132673761351

If that's not the best it's probably close. Overclocking if possible obviously helps.

A big overclock would give you roughly the performance of an FX-4300 AMD CPU though again DDR4 amount is probably your main issue for modern gaming.

The E8400 is slightly faster per core but the Q9505 has 2x the number of cores. Since WINDOWS eats up a certain amount of the CPU you may be already using at least 30% of your two cores with spikes higher when gaming causing a lot of additional stutters.

So having four cores will help a lot but it's hard to say how much assuming the CPU is even the main problem.

*At least read the MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS for whatever game you wish to play and have something a little better or that game will suck. That includes 64-bit Windows, Graphics card, CPU, system memory amount.

jamespoo

Commendable
Mar 30, 2017
best cpu for the price would be a q6600 cpu there are slightly better cpu but most socket 775 will support a q6600 and its the best for how cheap it is they cost around $10 on ebay with free shipping and you can do the tape mod on them to make it even faster
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hDgzvDtfyTk

peared with 8gb ram and a gt 1030 2gb gddr5 model you should be able to play a lot of games even newer games like fortnite and games like cuphead gta v and ect will run decent

TRENDING THREADS