looking for good quality A3+ inkjet that can also print on..

Hi

I'm looking for a good quality A3+ inkjet that can also print on CD's/DVD's.

Any suggestions?

I have been seriously considering the Epson R800 as the reports Ive read say
it gives outstanding print quality. The only drawback is its A4.

Does anyone know if Epson are likely to do an A3 version?

Thanks for any info.

Ian

"Ian Roberts" <sorry@NOSPAM.com> wrote in message
> Hi
>
> I'm looking for a good quality A3+ inkjet that can also print on
CD's/DVD's.

> Any suggestions?

The Epson 2100 (Europe) is a good A3 pigment ink photo printer that will
handle CD's but I don't think the USA model 2200 comes with the CD printer
tray.

On Fri, 18 Jun 2004 13:07:33 +0100, "Ian Roberts" <sorry@NOSPAM.com>
wrote:

>Hi
>
>I'm looking for a good quality A3+ inkjet that can also print on CD's/DVD's.
>
>Any suggestions?
>
>I have been seriously considering the Epson R800 as the reports Ive read say
>it gives outstanding print quality. The only drawback is its A4.
>
>Does anyone know if Epson are likely to do an A3 version?
>
>Thanks for any info.
>
>Ian

Epson 2100 (2200 if you're in the US).

--

Hecate
Hecate@newsguy.com

Toby

I also heard that the 2200 in the US does not include the CD tray, so better
check it out first. The 2100 has both the CD tray and the gray balancer. The
PM4000-PX in Japan has the CD tray but no gray balancer, and I was given to
understand that the 2200 includes neither.

Toby

On 19 Jun 2004 06:21:11 -0500, "Toby" <kymarto123@ybb.ne.jpp> wrote:

>I also heard that the 2200 in the US does not include the CD tray, so better
>check it out first. The 2100 has both the CD tray and the gray balancer. The
>PM4000-PX in Japan has the CD tray but no gray balancer, and I was given to
>understand that the 2200 includes neither.

They obviously think that Americans don't print to CD or use B&W ;-)

--

Hecate
Hecate@newsguy.com

Toby

A very stupid decision for which they have been roundly criticized.

On 20 Jun 2004 10:40:12 -0500, "Toby" <kymarto123@ybb.ne.jpp> wrote:

>A very stupid decision for which they have been roundly criticized.

And they should be. I hate it when manufacturers make different
packages for US and Europe, never mind Japan. It's bad enough that
seem to think $1 = £1.

--

Hecate
Hecate@newsguy.com

Hecate <hecate@newsguy.com> wrote in message news:<j4kcd0944acub08ogg7le2va10v446jg9e@4ax.com>...
> On 20 Jun 2004 10:40:12 -0500, "Toby" <kymarto123@ybb.ne.jpp> wrote:
>
> >A very stupid decision for which they have been roundly criticized.
> >
> And they should be. I hate it when manufacturers make different
> packages for US and Europe, never mind Japan. It's bad enough that
> seem to think $1 = £1.

I've read elsewhere that the reason they do this has to do with
patent rights. They supposedly would have to pay royaltees to
somebody in the U.S. if they included their cd printing version
in the U.S. -- and they don't want to, presumably.

This is nearly a "rumor" at this point, so take it in that vein.

Mike

Rob

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

gewgle@yahoo.com (Anoni Moose) wrote:

>Hecate <hecate@newsguy.com> wrote in message news:<j4kcd0944acub08ogg7le2va10v446jg9e@4ax.com>...
>> On 20 Jun 2004 10:40:12 -0500, "Toby" <kymarto123@ybb.ne.jpp> wrote:
>>
>> >A very stupid decision for which they have been roundly criticized.
>> >
>> And they should be. I hate it when manufacturers make different
>> packages for US and Europe, never mind Japan. It's bad enough that
>> seem to think $1 = £1.
>
>I've read elsewhere that the reason they do this has to do with
>patent rights. They supposedly would have to pay royaltees to
>somebody in the U.S. if they included their cd printing version
>in the U.S. -- and they don't want to, presumably.
>
>This is nearly a "rumor" at this point, so take it in that vein.
>
>Mike

I have a friend who has an R300 which prints on CDs. He's bought it
here in Canada. Both the R200 and the R300 do.

Toby

they wouldn't have to pay any royalties to include their gray balancer,
though...

Toby