[SOLVED] Looking for good quality, inexpensive M.2

isaactapia44

Reputable
Oct 3, 2017
I want to buy an m.2 solely for the purpose of using it as a boot drive for windows, I think 128gb should be enough for the os.
But I don't know which is the best quality and cheapest option. I want to be able to boot into windows quickly and not have my m.w slowed down with other apps as my current SATA SSD is.
Help is greatly appreciated

Solution
I want to buy an m.2 solely for the purpose of using it as a boot drive for windows, I think 128gb should be enough for the os.
But I don't know which is the best quality and cheapest option. I want to be able to boot into windows quickly and not have my m.w slowed down with other apps as my current SATA SSD is.
It is near impossible to find a 128GB M.2 drive, from a reputable company.
That is TooSmall...all the good manufacturers stopped selling them that small.

Even though people state "only for the OS"...it never works out like that.

What is your actual budget for this?

What are the full specs of this system?

And finally, faster boot time is a poor reason for an M.2 NVMe drive. There really...

USAFRet

Titan
It is near impossible to find a 128GB M.2 drive, from a reputable company.
That is TooSmall...all the good manufacturers stopped selling them that small.

Even though people state "only for the OS"...it never works out like that.

What is your actual budget for this?

What are the full specs of this system?

And finally, faster boot time is a poor reason for an M.2 NVMe drive. There really isn't that much difference vs a good SATA III SSD.

Reactions: Metal Messiah.
Solution

Dark Lord of Tech

Retired Moderator

PCPartPicker Part List

Storage: SK hynix Gold P31 500 GB M.2-2280 NVME Solid State Drive ($69.98 @ Amazon)
Total: $69.98
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2021-11-26 18:32 EST-0500

Reactions: Metal Messiah.