Looking for Guidance on New Monitor(s)

superdragonbeast

Reputable
Feb 18, 2014
I've been researching for a week and seem to be back at square one not knowing what to buy. bit of a background on my needs:

I game. MMOs/MOBAs/FPSs

I will also be working from home and have a new Uplift desk that supports a monitor mount. Would like to have two screens but one large monitor alone could be fine.

System:
2 x EVGA Nvidia 780 GTX
i7 4970k
32Gb RAM (overkill yes but it was about 25 bucks more than getting 16)

To G-Sync or Free-sync? Is it even needed? 4k at 60hz or 1080 at 120/144 hz? What about 1440p?

I was eyeing the monitor buying guide here on the website - AOC G2770PQU x 2 at 27" size for $303ish on amazon or 279.00 on newegg w/o G-Sync but then see that AOC G2460PG at 24" has G-Sync for 399.00 on newegg. What's the best choice for my current hardware? Price is of some concern as I don't want to break the bank but I also don't want to skimp since I will be spending a lot of time at the computer.

I'm kind of lost. If anyone has any thoughts on which direction to go in please share. Thanks all.

ZeusGamer

Admirable
If you're not planning on doing any Photoshop then I would recommend you get a 144 hz monitor. I've got the Asus VG27HE. It's a 27 inch monitor that has a 144hz refresh rate and it's got a 1920x1080 max resolution. I'm not sure as to what your budget was, but the monitor I've mentioned can be had for $430. I use it to play on Battlefield 4 and Battlefield Hardline. I've been accused of cheating all the time just because on how much I've dominated in multiplayer games.

In my opinion, G-Sync and Freesync is just a peripheral that a monitor doesn't need to have but if you want one, then you can get one. I've no experience with either one of them so I can't really give any recommendations.

But in conclusion, if you're going to be playing a lot of competitive FPS games, then a 144 hz monitor is what you ned to have!

TRENDING THREADS