[SOLVED] Looking for hardware KVM switch to handle new and legacy ports, connections

David_652

Honorable
Mar 14, 2017
I have three PCs, an HP Omen, an Acer Predator, and another HP. The monitor port is HDMI on the monitor I use. The keyboard is USB, and the mouse is wireless USB. These are compatible with the HP Omen. The other PCs are 15-pin and PS2. I need a hardware KVM switch that will handle all those connection types on the PC side including PS2, USB/USB wireless, HDMI, and 15-pin monitor connection. It needs to handle HDMI and USB/USB wireless on the KVM side.

I am eager to hear your suggestions.

Solution
I have three PCs, an HP Omen, an Acer Predator, and another HP. The monitor port is HDMI on the monitor I use. The keyboard is USB, and the mouse is wireless USB. These are compatible with the HP Omen. The other PCs are 15-pin and PS2. I need a hardware KVM switch that will handle all those connection types on the PC side including PS2, USB/USB wireless, HDMI, and 15-pin monitor connection. It needs to handle HDMI and USB/USB wireless on the KVM side.

You won't find what you want. All KVMs I have ever seen expect a consistent set of inputs. PS2 can be adapted to USB easily. But the VGA vs HDMI there is no easy option. VGA is a dead interface type. You could convert the HDMI to...

kanewolf

Titan

You won't find what you want. All KVMs I have ever seen expect a consistent set of inputs. PS2 can be adapted to USB easily. But the VGA vs HDMI there is no easy option. VGA is a dead interface type. You could convert the HDMI to VGA, but most of the adapters are flaky at best.

Solution
I just wanted to say that I am using the same VGA KVM I've used for 20 years. Only I've never used the VGA part of it.

Even back when I had VGA CRTs, the loss of image quality was great enough at 1600x1200 that I always used the KVM only to switch keyboard and mouse. The monitors have always had multiple inputs and a button to toggle between them.