Question Looking for HDR IPS 1440p 144hz Gsync/Compatible Monitor

dphotog

Reputable
Feb 11, 2016
Hi all Ive been researching for a new Gaming Monitor to go long side with my new Ryzen Build and 2080super and was planning on getting a monitor with HDR with high hz rate however I dont think ive found many other than the Gigabyte Aorus monitor. IF anyone has other options with higher HDR brightness that checks all the of the following would be great! Im not sure if the Pixio 277 is Gsync compatible but the Pixio 276 is. Any information would be extremely helpful I only contemplating the Pixio over the Aorus only because Display ninja says it has a 200 peak brightness advantage over the Aorus but again im not sure if its Gsync capable or not. Thanks.
144hz
IPS
HDR
peak/Brightness 400 or above

https://www.amazon.com/Pixio-FreeSy...07CYRF58V/ref=cm_cr_srp_d_product_top?ie=UTF8

https://pcpartpicker.com/product/RP...-270-2560x1440-144-hz-monitor-aorus-ad27qd-sa

https://www.displayninja.com/hdr-monitor-list/

fry178

Reputable
Dec 14, 2015
i always question "why" ppl want something that is usually not needed for the "avg" gamer.
the only reason to play past 75/100 Hz is to reduce input lag when playing online in pvp mode.
unless your getting paid to play , you wasting a bit of money here.
most of the time getting a xx-sync moni is good enough to have smooth gameplay,
and most of the time a big gpu will allow for constant 120/144Hz,
so gsync wouldnt be needed (runs in the 30-90Hz range), and going above 90Hz would require gsync ultimate.

not surprised about the downvote (instead of actually trying to help the poster)
and btw, there is nothing in the post indicating he/she actually "needs" +90Hz.

Last edited:
i always question "why" ppl want something that is usually not needed for the "avg" gamer.
the only reason to play past 75/100 Hz is to reduce input lag when playing online in pvp mode.
unless your getting paid to play , you wasting a bit of money here.
most of the time getting a xx-sync moni is good enough to have smooth gameplay,
and most of the time a big gpu will allow for constant 120/144Hz,
so gsync wouldnt be needed (runs in the 30-90Hz range), and going above 90Hz would require gsync ultimate.
Uhhhhh....what?

fry178

Reputable
Dec 14, 2015
i usually down vote when the information is wrong, which i dont see with my answer,
but i guess thats just me.
especially when there is no information from the poster contradicting my info/answer.

dphotog

Reputable
Feb 11, 2016
Im just looking for a new Monitor with HDR 144hz the whole Gsync/freesync debate is because I do online pvp from time to time and my graphics card though may do 4k isnt the top performer graphics card So I thought getting Gsync would be a safer bet so I dont see tearing and such. IPS because I like to edit and want color accuracy. HDR well cause my current overkill 165hz monitor doesnt have HDR and had always planned to make it my 2nd monitor eventually when 10bit was a thing so I could edit in 10bit. I mean even watch some 10bit content would be nice but I cant do that with anything I have currently. More so gaming though.