Question Looking for help/advice regarding a monitor issue - Acer GN276HL

aymanfarshid94

Honorable
Feb 5, 2018
Hi, hope you are all safe and doing well. (Posted this on r/techsupport and r/monitors but unfortunately no responses)

Since the last couple of months, I have been having some sort of strobe/strobing horizontal lines on my monitor at 144hz, they generate near the bottom right corner and seem to go off when I reduce it to 120hz. After a lot of searching and reading thru multiple sources on line, I feel this is what is called scan lines but still I am not sure of myself.
I understand that some panels are 120hz natively and forced OC at 144hz but this monitor when I got this last year had no issue at all and natively ran at 144hz without any lines. It's not the best monitor being a TN 27" but with a native resolution of 1920 x 1080 but it was enough for me on a casual gaming experience. I just wanted to know if the panel that is eventually going to die or is there some fix in the case that this is a common issue.

For a more clear view I have added a streamable link of a phone captured video I took of the lines. (Kindly ignore the smudges/stains)
https://streamable.com/m7oona

Specs-
Monitor - Acer GN276HL 1920 X 1080 3D TN 144hz monitor

Core i7-7700 | Gigabyte z270 | 2 x 8GB DDR4 2132mhz
XFX RX 580 8GB Radeon software 21.8.2
Deepcool DN450 (need to change this soon as advised on tomshardware)
Cougar MX330 case
WIN 10 21H1 Build 19043.1288 on SAMSUNG M.2 SATA SSD

DIY I tried -
  1. Calibration on monitor, factory reset thru OSD and overdrive OFF/NORMAL/EXTREME
  2. Switching ends of DVI-DL cables (this monitor only supports 144hz on DVI-DL), other cables I have support DP/HDMI 60hz only at which no lines are visible
  3. EDIT: Download and updated monitor drivers from Acer website
  4. Reseating RAM (switching DUAL channel slots)
  5. Different color profiles available for monitors in windows including some online
  6. Underclocking refresh rate clock timings to like 143hz or vertical timings etc using custom resolution
  7. Separated power supply sources for monitor and pc in doubts of signal interference
Thank you for your answers in advance.