Looking for help finding a suitable motherboard

Sep 26, 2018
I would like to use an ASUS motherboard and I want to overclock so I would also need a z370 chipset. I was looking at the Prime Z370-P and Prime Z370-A and I am on a budget, but I don't know if the features on the Z370-A would be worth my money. I plan on putting 6 fans in my case and I want to throw in a Hue+, but otherwise I'm running an intel core i5-8600k with an rtx 2070. I, for the most part want to know if there would be a performance difference, because I don't care about extra glam features, but I am also making a primarily black build so I feel the Z370-P would look better.

Solution
First of all, I think you should wait to see the reviews on the 2070 before making a decision, looks like 2080s are a bit dissapointing, for the money or even less you can get a 1080 ti with more memory and same performance.
For the motherboard, the performance of either would be the same, now if you want to overclock there's a very good Z370 Extreme4 that is not expensive and is way better than any of those, has the same VRMs as Taichi which is the high end model.

ohenryy

Honorable
First of all, I think you should wait to see the reviews on the 2070 before making a decision, looks like 2080s are a bit dissapointing, for the money or even less you can get a 1080 ti with more memory and same performance.
For the motherboard, the performance of either would be the same, now if you want to overclock there's a very good Z370 Extreme4 that is not expensive and is way better than any of those, has the same VRMs as Taichi which is the high end model.

Solution