Looking for help in pc booting problems

Jan 10, 2019
I switched my old ssd to a new one and I have problems with the start up. When I start up my pc the screen first shows the Asus-motherboard logo and after that turns into a black screen with a still white line in the upper-left corner.

On the black screen I can’t do anything and if I restart the computer by turning it off and on again with the power button in the top of the computer, it automaticly boots to the black screen.

I have to turn the pc off from and on from the back with main power switch if I want to access the bios. In the bios I can boot to Windows by manually booting to it. When Windows starts it works normally but if I restart my pc it boots to the black screen. And again I have to fully turn off my pc so I can access bios and boot to Windows.

I have put the Windows system to the 1st boot priority in the bios and once reseted all the bios setting. Still the pc boots to the black screen.

My ssd is Samsung 860 evo and motherboard is Asus Z97. I’m running Windows 10.

Update: I switched fast boot off from bios and now the pc boots automaticly to Windows and not to the black screen, if the pc has been fully turned off before that. So still when I restart the pc from Windows or by puting it off and then on again with the case’s upper power button it boots to the black screen.

Jan 10, 2019
MERGED QUESTION
Question from keppi.kerola : "Looking for help in pc booting problems"

I switched my old ssd to a new one and I have problems with the start up. When I start up my pc the screen first shows the Asus-motherboard logo and after that turns into a black screen with a still white line in the upper-left corner.

On the black screen I can’t do anything and if I restart the computer by turning it off and on again with the power button in the top of the computer, it automaticly boots to the black screen.

I have to turn the pc off from and on from the back with main power switch if I want to access the bios. In the bios I can boot to Windows by manually booting to it. When Windows starts it works normally but if I restart my pc it boots to the black screen. And again I have to fully turn off my pc so I can access bios and boot to Windows.

I have put the Windows system to the 1st boot priority in the bios and once reseted all the bios setting. Still the pc boots to the black screen.

My ssd is Samsung 860 evo and motherboard is Asus Z97. I’m running Windows 10.

Update: I switched fast boot off from bios and now the pc boots automaticly to Windows and not to the black screen, if the pc has been fully turned off before that. So still when I restart the pc from Windows or by puting it off and then on again with the case’s upper power button it boots to the black screen.

TRENDING THREADS