[SOLVED] Looking for help on choosing parts for a gaming PC build.

Vighnesh Misal

Honorable
Mar 21, 2013
I am looking to build a PC for gaming @4K (maybe streaming at 1080p) from scratch. I had built a PC back in 2015 with an i5 4690k/GTX 970/16 GB DDR3 but I can't reuse any parts from it as its back home and I have since emigrated to the US. At that time it was quite easy choosing parts because the build I had made offered the best price to performance ratio.

I naturally read about and watched a couple of videos on NVidia/Intel/AMD's lineup of hardware which has left me utterly floundered.

GPU: RTX 2080 TI vs 2080 vs Radeon VII
A lot of reviewers and community members say that NVidia GPUs are just over priced for the performance increase that they offer with JayZ 2 cents saying that the RTX 2080 has negative performance gains in some cases. I was excited for AMD's lineup but seeing how the Radeon VII is priced the same as a RTX 2080 without support for ray tracing/DLSS I feel as if NVidia is the way to go unless you guys can suggest otherwise.
Also, is the 2080 TI worth getting over the 2080 because most 2080 tis are currently $1300+ with around 15% better framerates than 2080.

Processor: i5-9600k vs i7 9700k vs i9 9900k vs Ryzen 7 2700X
I have never ever used an AMD processor before. Even now I am inclined to buy Intel but since I will be streaming, I read an article about how AMD processors were better at that. Then I read another reddit post that said GPUs are better than processors for encoding anyways so no need to worry about the CPU performance for handling streaming. So now I am confused if I should spend on a high end processor or will an i5 suffice.

Motherboard:
I have no clue which ones are good. Although I have never OC before on my old rig despite having the hardware simply because my monitor was 900p and I just didn't need too. I am assuming for playing ultra @4K I will have to. Any suggestions for this would be appreciated.

RAM and PSU:
I have always used Corsair previously. If there are companies that are making better components please let me know.

Monitor, mechanical KB+Mouse :
Please suggest. I don't really play competitive games apart from Team Fortress 2 so i don't think the 1ms response times really matter to me over the visual quality.

I currently don't have a fixed budget as I am saving up money and will most likely build one in May around my birthday. I am open to spending on the highest end hardware if its worth it but I don't wan't to spend and have a rig that is overkill for the sake of being overkill.

Thanks.

Solution
You may need to re ask this question in May or a couple weeks before you build.

I don't think the RTX 2080 Ti is worth it. It's just way overpriced. I would get the RTX 2080 I suppose.

If you want to stream you should go with either the Ryzen 7 2700X, i7-9700K, or i9-9900K. The i7-9700K is a little better (except in a couple games) than the Ryzen 7 2700X and the i9-9900K is a good bit better each when it comes to streaming.
You may need to re ask this question in May or a couple weeks before you build.

I don't think the RTX 2080 Ti is worth it. It's just way overpriced. I would get the RTX 2080 I suppose.

If you want to stream you should go with either the Ryzen 7 2700X, i7-9700K, or i9-9900K. The i7-9700K is a little better (except in a couple games) than the Ryzen 7 2700X and the i9-9900K is a good bit better each when it comes to streaming.

Solution