Question Looking for help Port Forwarding and setting Static IP

Jan 1, 2023
Hey guys, looking for any help possible as I am at my wits end trying to figure this out on my own. I am trying to set up a Minecraft Bedrock server on a server machine I refurbished for this sole purpose. However I am having trouble with two steps:

First, setting up a static IP. I have followed all the online tutorials for Windows 10 and no matter what I enter as soon as I hit save my internet refuses to work on the server device until I switch it back to automatic. I'm not even sure if this step is 100% necessary if I never intend to turn the server machine off.

Second and more importantly, I can not for the life of me figure out how to connect to the server outside of my LAN. I am using an Arris BGW210 router/modem combo with AT&T fiber optic connection, and my server machine is wired directly into the modem with ethernet. I have confirmed with my ISP that I am not under GC/NAT, and after attempting this myself for a few days I called AT&T and had them forward the port for me which still didn't work. They also confirmed I have a public IP address. I have allowed the correct ports through my server machines firewall and even disabled it completely to attempt to connect. I am making sure the Minecraft server is running on the server machine before I try testing ports, and I have even tried doing an IP passthrough on my router to the server machine. No matter what I attempt I cannot have anyone connect to the server and port checking tools can't even see the ports open.

Can anyone help walk me through troubleshooting this problem?

kanewolf

Titan
Hey guys, looking for any help possible as I am at my wits end trying to figure this out on my own. I am trying to set up a Minecraft Bedrock server on a server machine I refurbished for this sole purpose. However I am having trouble with two steps:

First, setting up a static IP. I have followed all the online tutorials for Windows 10 and no matter what I enter as soon as I hit save my internet refuses to work on the server device until I switch it back to automatic. I'm not even sure if this step is 100% necessary if I never intend to turn the server machine off.

Second and more importantly, I can not for the life of me figure out how to connect to the server outside of my LAN. I am using an Arris BGW210 router/modem combo with AT&T fiber optic connection, and my server machine is wired directly into the modem with ethernet. I have confirmed with my ISP that I am not under GC/NAT, and after attempting this myself for a few days I called AT&T and had them forward the port for me which still didn't work. They also confirmed I have a public IP address. I have allowed the correct ports through my server machines firewall and even disabled it completely to attempt to connect. I am making sure the Minecraft server is running on the server machine before I try testing ports, and I have even tried doing an IP passthrough on my router to the server machine. No matter what I attempt I cannot have anyone connect to the server and port checking tools can't even see the ports open.

Can anyone help walk me through troubleshooting this problem?
You have to figure out a static IP first.
Run ipconfig.exe /all in a cmd.exe window. Post the output. Without knowing what your network looks like when it is working, we can't help you with a static IP.

TRENDING THREADS