[SOLVED] Looking for help with Asus Motherboards

GrumbleGamer

Reputable
Jun 15, 2016
I've been looking through the Asus Strix Motherboards recently, and although I know my way around my own build I put together myself, I still haven't been able to figure out the part lists on motherboards. All I'm trying to find, is the one with more USB ports, but with them being listed 3.0 and everything I haven't been able to get a solid answer.

Solution
I'm not so much looking solely for 3.0 ports, more so just USB ports in general, apologies if I caused confusion
I would get the best motherboard you can in your budget and get a PCIe card if you need more.

Mine is a
MSI B450 Gaming Plus MAX ATX AM4 Motherboard
2 rear USB 2.0 for mouse and keyboard and 2 front USB 3.2 ports in front of case and 4 rear USB 3.2 with the option of 4 more USB 2.0 if your case has a spot for them.

Andyme177

Prominent
Apr 26, 2020
With any brand you are gonna have more options based on size of the board and style of course. The Plus and Deluxe variety usually have more USB 3.x ports.

I did some browsing here Asus search

Asus H81M-D PLUS has 4
Asus P8Z77-V LE PLUS has 6
Asus P8Z77-I DELUXE/WD has 6

Keep in mind 3.x devices are usually backwards compatible and will work in a USB 2.0 port just at 2.0 speed

This might be an option if you just have a bunch of USB 3.x devices to connect
USB 3.0 PCIe card

GrumbleGamer

Reputable
Jun 15, 2016
With any brand you are gonna have more options based on size of the board and style of course. The Plus and Deluxe variety usually have more USB 3.x ports.

I did some browsing here Asus search

Asus H81M-D PLUS has 4
Asus P8Z77-V LE PLUS has 6
Asus P8Z77-I DELUXE/WD has 6

Keep in mind 3.x devices are usually backwards compatible and will work in a USB 2.0 port just at 2.0 speed

This might be an option if you just have a bunch of USB 3.x devices to connect
USB 3.0 PCIe card
I'm not so much looking solely for 3.0 ports, more so just USB ports in general, apologies if I caused confusion

Andyme177

Prominent
Apr 26, 2020
I would get the best motherboard you can in your budget and get a PCIe card if you need more.

Mine is a
MSI B450 Gaming Plus MAX ATX AM4 Motherboard
2 rear USB 2.0 for mouse and keyboard and 2 front USB 3.2 ports in front of case and 4 rear USB 3.2 with the option of 4 more USB 2.0 if your case has a spot for them.

Solution

TRENDING THREADS