looking for help with my pc please :(

Oct 19, 2018
Hi Everyone
1st excuse me for my bad english

so i decided to upgrade my allday PC
i have a gtx 1050 ti and for cpu amd a10 7800(APU)
so some games i am able to play really well and some games just stutter so much
i mean the newer games like AC Origins...
so i've been told that my CPU is really old and i need to replace it with newer better one
so after one and a half month research i finally decided to get the new 2018 Ryzen 3 2200G.
I know its APU but it is available for great price right now and also i heard from a lot of people that it's cpu is slightly faster tha Ryzen 1200 or 1300 also it woud allow me for bigger ram-3200
so now the problem is i need to cange my mobo as well, now my BIGGEST QUESTION guys is...
i decided to get the MSI B350 Gaming Plus Motherboard https://www.msi.com/Motherboard/B350-GAMING-PLUS.html
can i put the Ryzen 3 2200G on to this MOBO and start playing right away without any BIOS UPDATE whatsoever
becouse i head that all b350 models normally support the 2200g
but i really need to be 200% certain.
so guys if you can just answer this question i woud be really Gratefull.

2sidedpolygon

Prominent
Jul 1, 2018
No, you'll be needing a BIOS update. I'd just spend the little bit of extra money on a B450 board so you don't have to wait until AMD sends you a CPU to update it with, it's really not worth all that hassle. I'm not even sure if they're sending the BIOS update CPUs out anymore to be honest.

Oct 19, 2018

Thanks for the reply buddy so when you say"No, you can't use the same motherboard" do you mean i cant use the motherboard that i am using currently or am i getting it wrong ?

Oct 19, 2018

thanks for the advice :)

so im not planing to upgrade my gpu so isnt R5 too fast for my gpu i mean i heard that it may cause bottleneck
and i really am trying to find the sweet spot between gpu and cpu ????

I was referring to the current motherboard. The Ryzen processors require an AM4 motherboard socket. The old motherboard is an FM2+ socket.

The linked motherboard will fit the Ryzen processors.

Oct 19, 2018

Alright so what will happen if i lets say dont update the BIOS
the ony reason i dont want to update becouse i have 0 experience and dont want to ruin anything
so can i game without bios update ?
you are being very helpful btw.

I'm confused about your question. Normally when referring to a bottleneck issue, it refers to a processor that doesn't have enough performance to use a graphics card to it's full extent. And normally it would be an older or low end processor coupled with a higher end graphics card.

In this case, the GTX 1050 is an entry level to mid level graphics card. The R3 2200, R5-2600, or R5-2600X would be more than enough processor for the GTX 1050.

If you are asking, is the R5-2600 or R5-2600X overkill for the GTX 1050? That may be to some extent true. But the faster processor also makes for a better computer environment. It would be a better, faster computer in the end.

Then you will experience all of the problems and stability issues that the updated BIOS was meant to correct.

In the past, updating the BIOS was more of a risk. Now unless the system is unstable, I don't have a problem updating the BIOS. For example if the system crashed in mid update, that would be bad. Plus most motherboard manufacturers have a method now to recover a bad BIOS update.

Oct 19, 2018

if i buy b450 mobo woud that work maybe ?

The answer is really the same. The advantage with the newer motherboard is that many of the older updates are already built in to the BIOS for this motherboard. If you are buying a Ryzen processor, you need to steel yourself to BIOS updates (and probably many). That is just the reality of the situation. It isn't just MSI either, every motherboard manufacturer is doing pretty much the same thing.

On the MSI B450 website is this banner.

EASY BIOS RECOVERY WITH BIOS FLASHBACK+

Run into trouble when updating your BIOS? Simply flash the old BIOS version back and continue gaming within minutes with BIOS Flashback+. BIOS Flashback+ even works without a CPU, memory or graphics card installed!