Looking for high budget CPU+MOBO for Gaming

prateek320i

Honorable
Nov 24, 2017
Hi all!
I am a gamer for years but a noobie here.

My old build was
Haswell i5-4690
MSI H97 Gaming 3
ATI Radeon HD7890 2GB OC
But unfortunately my mobo has died. Now i need to upgrade the whole thing as my country is running almost no stock of H97, Z97 series mobo, so my processor and RAM are retired now. Also gpu is also badly outdated.

Right now i’m building a INR 1,30,000 gaming machine
For which I already have these components-
Corsair RM750i
G.Skill 3000MHz 2x8GB
WD Black 2 TB
Samsung Evo 250GB
Dell FHD ips monitor
NZXT S340 Elite

Now i really need a help choosing a processor+Mobo+GPU

My options are i7-8700K + Asus ROG Z370-E + Asus ROG GTX 1070 Ti
And the other hand i have an option of
I5-8600K/8400 + Asus Prime A/TUF Gaming Pro + Asus ROG GTX 1070 Ti

The important thing is Im planning to play only GAMES, i am not using it for any kind of Streaming or Studio work. Purely gaming.

Please suggest me the best combo.

Thanks

Solution
You have already got some pretty premium parts that you can reuse. The following list below is purely for the build idea.
Note - Check your local retailers for parts before purchasing online as online prices in India are always inflated.

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

CPU: Intel - Core i5-8600K 3.6GHz 6-Core Processor (₹22500.00 @ Amazon India)
CPU Cooler: CRYORIG - H7 49.0 CFM CPU Cooler
Motherboard: Asus - ROG STRIX Z370-E GAMING ATX LGA1151 Motherboard
Video Card: Zotac - GeForce GTX 1080 8GB AMP! Extreme Video Card (₹35899.84 @ Amazon India)
Total: ₹58399.84
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available...
You have already got some pretty premium parts that you can reuse. The following list below is purely for the build idea.
Note - Check your local retailers for parts before purchasing online as online prices in India are always inflated.

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

CPU: Intel - Core i5-8600K 3.6GHz 6-Core Processor (₹22500.00 @ Amazon India)
CPU Cooler: CRYORIG - H7 49.0 CFM CPU Cooler
Motherboard: Asus - ROG STRIX Z370-E GAMING ATX LGA1151 Motherboard
Video Card: Zotac - GeForce GTX 1080 8GB AMP! Extreme Video Card (₹35899.84 @ Amazon India)
Total: ₹58399.84
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2017-11-26 01:32 IST+0530

https://www.mdcomputers.in/ usually have most current parts which you can order online. Also if you are in Delhi, check out Nehru Place.

Koi doubt ho toh bataio.

Solution

prateek320i

Honorable
Nov 24, 2017
Thanks Bhai, you just helped me a lot choosing between i7 and i5.
I really came to know that i7 is not gonna make any difference that much (as my needs are just gaming).
Moreover, I'm from Kolkata. I've inquired about all the mentioned products from MD Computer store, they have their own store here in Chandni, Kolkata. They have given their quotes about pricing. I'll be planning to buy in less than 10 Days.

One thing I'd like to ask that I have an 3 years old (not used much) Corsair H80i, its working fine, but I see a lot noise when operation @ 1200+ RPM. I just want to know that WHAT ABOUT OTHER CPU COOLERS? DO THEY TOO MAKE THIS MUCH OF NOISE WHILE OPERATING @ HIGHER RMPs?

I am from the same place and MD Comp. is the best they have out there. I often recommend people to them.
Some coolers do get loud at higher operating load, but it shouldnt be too much. Its difficult to measure but around 40dba should be the standard. While you are at MDC get it checked by them. Could be possible that the pump has worn out over time or there might be some loose part rattling. Hard to say without checking it first hand but the noise should not be too much to generate inconvenience. Here are some benchmarks to compare...
https://imagescdn.tweaktown.com/content/7/2/7272_38_corsair-hydro-h80i-gt-high-performance-liquid-cpu-cooler-review.png
http://www.guru3d.com/articles-pages/corsair-h80i-gt-review,12.html

prateek320i

Honorable
Nov 24, 2017

Hi there SR71,
I would not be overclocking my CPU, should I go for Asus knowingly, or Gigabyte? What do you say, just based on you personal opinion, I you were me, what would have been you preference?
Thanks. Awaiting for your reply.