Question Looking for High End Gaming Laptop (<3000$)

AziraWinds

Reputable
Apr 28, 2020
Laptop Replacement
Budget? 3000$
CPU: 8 Core
GPU: 3070 or 3080
Size: 'Slim'(<0.85")
Resolution: Matte*, 1440(QHD) or 2160(UHD)
RAM: 32GB+
Storage: 4TB(2+2) M.2 or 2-Slot Do-It-Yourself
Micro/SD slot required.
Aluminum Chassis
RBG Backlit Keyboard

Last edited:

AziraWinds

Reputable
Apr 28, 2020
Hey there,

Difficult to get everything you want in a laptop, but something like this hits the mark more than it doesn't: Still the Best Gaming Laptop - Razer Blade 15 . Missing though is QHD/UHD, but faster screen (360hz). It also has the 3080/32gb ram/1TB nvme and an additional storage slot.

I think I'll wait for next major laptop release or the 4000 series GPU or something. Nothing out there is really feeling like an upgrade. My current gaming laptop is only three years old, and gaming isn't a necessity, but I do need a new laptop soon(ish).
Several of my keys randomly don't work, and this is the third keyboard, so I'm fairly certain it's the motherboard(probably due to heat), which is more than half the cost of any laptop. I can still plug it in to a tv or monitor and use it as a desktop though.

Instead, I'll probably end up getting a work laptop.
MSI Summit E15 A11SCS-207 | XOTICPC® - XOTIC PC looks like a great option.
I'm unsure of the difference between 'Matte' and 'Anti-Glare' in this case? (It was mentioned to me not the same thing?)
I'd also like to know why it says [90+FPS] instead of [90Hz]?
Even though XOTIC doesn't show an option for a second M2 drive, there's supposed to be an extra Gen3 M2 slot in there, according to several other sources, which is odd for the site to ignore but works great for me if true, as I always enjoy having more storage. Edit: Found This which shows the internals of the Summit, and it looks like there are indeed two 2280 drive slots?

So, yeah. Anyone have clarification on those three things? Alternatives?

Updated Requirements
Budget? 2500$
CPU: High-End
GPU: 1650+
Resolution: Matte, 1440(QHD) or 2160(UHD)
RAM: 32+GB or User-Upgradable
Storage: 4TB(2+2) M2 or 2-Slot-User-Upgradable
Micro/SD slot required.
Metal Chassis
Backlit Keyboard

Last edited:
Feb 18, 2021
Laptop Replacement
Budget? 3000$
CPU: 8 Core
GPU: 3070 or 3080
Resolution: Matte*, 1440(QHD) or 2160(UHD)
RAM: 32GB+
Storage: 4TB(2+2) M.2 or 2-Slot Do-It-Yourself
Micro/SD slot required.
Aluminum Chassis
RBG Backlit Keyboard

This Sager is the closest I have found, but the display is the Glare type. It's so close...
(am thinking of getting the Sager and a Matte Screen Protector, but am not sure how well that would work out)
Looking for Suggestions or Alternatives?
[/QUOTEi]
i recently purchase my best gaming laptop under $2000 after read review from some site u also need to check