[SOLVED] Looking for high performance gaming laptop that support win 7 64bit

Oct 15, 2019
I want to buy a gaming laptop that support win 7 64bit with high performance. Can you guys recommend me some of good laptop that still support windows 7 x64?

my budget can go around $1000.

Last edited:
Solution
Certainly. I think your best bet is to finding something with either a 6th or 7th Generation Intel i7 and a GTX 1050 ti or 1060 (Even 1070 or 1080 if you can find one within a reasonable price range) and 8-16GB of RAM. You want one preferably with an SSD of some kind for the OS along with a secondary HDD, probably a 1TB model, for game storage, but if you can only find one with a HDD and no SSD which would not be surprising for an older model, then you could likely live with that as it won't have a terrific impact on actual gaming, only on map and level loading times.

If you can get one with a 1080p 17" screen, for me, that is optimal, but most of the lower cost units are likely 720p (1366x768) 15" models and if you can live with that...
Everything is Windows 10 now. You can install Windows 7 on just about anything, but you're not going to find drivers for almost anything made in the last two years or going forward, that are going to have Windows 7 driver support. Especially on a laptop. Plus, Microsoft is ending support for Windows 7 in January, so that is just going to get even worse than it already is. Unfortunately, the answer is that unless you want to buy older hardware, you are going to need to live with Windows 10. If you simply don't like the Windows 10 shell and interface, you can simply install Classic shell and make it look and behave just about the same as Windows 7, 8.1 or XP, or even very old classic versions of Windows, while retaining the improved memory management, security and driver support offered by Windows 10 under the hood.

Reactions: sukiiii
Oct 15, 2019
Everything is Windows 10 now. You can install Windows 7 on just about anything, but you're not going to find drivers for almost anything made in the last two years or going forward, that are going to have Windows 7 driver support. Especially on a laptop. Plus, Microsoft is ending support for Windows 7 in January, so that is just going to get even worse than it already is. Unfortunately, the answer is that unless you want to buy older hardware, you are going to need to live with Windows 10. If you simply don't like the Windows 10 shell and interface, you can simply install Classic shell and make it look and behave just about the same as Windows 7, 8.1 or XP, or even very old classic versions of Windows, while retaining the improved memory management, security and driver support offered by Windows 10 under the hood.
FYI its not because i hated any other OS or something. The reason i need windows 7 is that there are an old game that doesnt fully compatible on windows 8 or above. You can play it on windows 10 but there are glitches in game which is quite annoying! And since its an old game i doubt the devs will update it on newer OS.

I dont mind to buy old hardware/2nd hand used laptop as long as its fully support windows 7. but thank you for your answer! Still open for recommendation though! Im still quite confused what kind of laptop i need.

Last edited:
Oct 15, 2019
What country are you in and where can you buy from?
I live in Indonesia, i can buy on most local hardware store or online store if its really hard to find then i'll probably look for used one.

It doesnt need to be high end though, as long as its support win7, fast and have good performance for gaming then its fine.

Last edited:
Unfortunately, I'm just not seeing anything that looks promising. Everything I'm seeing on the Indonesian websites is either way over your budget if it comes with a high end graphics solution or is a Windows 10 machine or has lower end graphics like the 1050 ti for models that are within budget. I think you are going to have to either increase your budget or look at other options. You may have to simply forget about that older game, IDK.

Oct 15, 2019
Unfortunately, I'm just not seeing anything that looks promising. Everything I'm seeing on the Indonesian websites is either way over your budget if it comes with a high end graphics solution or is a Windows 10 machine or has lower end graphics like the 1050 ti for models that are within budget. I think you are going to have to either increase your budget or look at other options. You may have to simply forget about that older game, IDK.
okay, since my goal to buy laptop is just to play this specific game (which is old) then maybe i can narrowed down the list a bit.

I need this kind of spec
i3 or i5 gen6 or below
8gb RAM
GTX 750TI or 780 (its an old game i dont think i need high end GPU)
128gb SSD
and of course support Windows 7.

I can't find any that come with Windows 7. Do you have a Windows 7 license that might be transferable to this machine, tricky business that at least on 7, or are willing to purchase it? Everything is Windows 10 except for a few that are 8.1. I will look further this evening and see if I can find anything but it will likely be a used product if there is.

Oct 15, 2019
I can't find any that come with Windows 7. Do you have a Windows 7 license that might be transferable to this machine, tricky business that at least on 7, or are willing to purchase it? Everything is Windows 10 except for a few that are 8.1. I will look further this evening and see if I can find anything but it will likely be a used product if there is.
yes ,i do have Windows 7 and i can install it myself. Hmm i've look everywhere too, it seems like my only options is to find used hardware. Thank you for taking your time btw!

Oct 15, 2019
Are you able to do this?

Tbh i never tried order something from amazon, but i think its possible.
cant you just tell me what type/ model of laptop you recommend? then i'll look it somewhere in local store near my place.

Certainly. I think your best bet is to finding something with either a 6th or 7th Generation Intel i7 and a GTX 1050 ti or 1060 (Even 1070 or 1080 if you can find one within a reasonable price range) and 8-16GB of RAM. You want one preferably with an SSD of some kind for the OS along with a secondary HDD, probably a 1TB model, for game storage, but if you can only find one with a HDD and no SSD which would not be surprising for an older model, then you could likely live with that as it won't have a terrific impact on actual gaming, only on map and level loading times.

If you can get one with a 1080p 17" screen, for me, that is optimal, but most of the lower cost units are likely 720p (1366x768) 15" models and if you can live with that it will probably have better performance anyhow, if you factor in the same hardware compared at both resolutions. Lower resolution usually always results in higher graphics card performance since there is less work to be done with fewer pixels to deal with.

Solution
Oct 15, 2019

If you can get one with a 1080p 17" screen, for me, that is optimal, but most of the lower cost units are likely 720p (1366x768) 15" models and if you can live with that it will probably have better performance anyhow, if you factor in the same hardware compared at both resolutions. Lower resolution usually always results in higher graphics card performance since there is less work to be done with fewer pixels to deal with.
well, i've looked everywhere and this is the best possible i can find on local store.
https://m.tokopedia.com/newstarscom...6gb-ssd-nvidia-quadro-1000m-e421?ref=_pa1_po1

Dell Precision M4600 Ci7

Spesification :

Intel® Core™ i7-2720QM CPU - 2.2GHz
Ram 8GB DDR3
HDD 256 GB SSD
15.6" LED wide screen
Resolution1920x1080 FHD
NVIDIA Quadro 1000M 2GB DDR3

its used one, and yes i know its quadro wasnt meant for gaming xD, but i'll take it.

You can't play games on a Quadro. It just won't work right.

Plus, that CPU is second generation, very old, 2011, and pretty weak. I would want to see AT LEAST a 3rd generation processor. At least.

How much is that unit? Really doesn't matter because it is not going to work right for gaming, of any kind, with a quadro GPU.

Oct 15, 2019
You can't play games on a Quadro. It just won't work right.

Plus, that CPU is second generation, very old, 2011, and pretty weak. I would want to see AT LEAST a 3rd generation processor. At least.

How much is that unit? Really doesn't matter because it is not going to work right for gaming, of any kind, with a quadro GPU.
It cost around 460$.

You can actually play games on Quadro.
View: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=LC_sx6A5Wko

I think you're going to find that a 5000 dollar Quadro and a 150 dollar Quadro, like what's in that laptop, are wildly different things and are going to have wildly different results. Consider, that's a DESKTOP Quadro, and a very high end model. What's in that laptop, isn't. But hey, it's your money, I hope it works out, I'm just not very confident that it's going to.