[SOLVED] Looking for info on backing up locally / how to split a drive for storage and backup

rooster chang

Distinguished
Apr 4, 2013
I'm looking to use a secondary hard drive to back up my SSD and also be used as storage.
PC details
OS - Windows 10 Home
CPU - AMD FX-6300
RAM - 16.0GB Dual-Channel DDR3
Motherboard - Gigabyte Technology Co. Ltd. GA-78LMT-USB3
Storage SSD - 465GB Western Digital WDC WDS500G2B0A-00SM50
Storage HD - 1 TB western Digital Blue
I already backup important stuff with one drive.

The functionality I'm looking for is to revert my ssd to an earlier state in case it fails or I get malware, and to use a portion (half or less) of the hard drive to store files. Is there a way to split a drive like that?

Thanks in advance.

Solution
I'm looking to use a secondary hard drive to back up my SSD and also be used as storage.
PC details
OS - Windows 10 Home
CPU - AMD FX-6300

The functionality I'm looking for is to revert my ssd to an earlier state in case it fails or I get malware, and to use a portion (half or less) of the hard drive to store files. Is there a way to split a drive like that?

Thanks in advance.
https://www.macrium.com/reflectfree
Just few tips.
Best to have detachable storage for backups so it can't get...
PC details
OS - Windows 10 Home
CPU - AMD FX-6300

Thanks in advance.
https://www.macrium.com/reflectfree
Just few tips.
Best to have detachable storage for backups so it can't get corrupted by malware etc. Keep it in safe place and update with any major change or windows updates/upgrades.
MR will make one file with .mrimg extension which is about 75% of all files used on disk including all partitions.
Make backup of whole disk , not only C:\ partition.
You don't nee to split drive to place .mrimg file on it.

Solution