Looking for Input on a 4K Gaming Build

Jan 21, 2019
Hello all,

I am trying to make a build that will run games such as Battlefield V, heavily modded Skyrim, Fallout, etc. at 4k while sticking somewhere around a budget of $2,000 (including monitor, keyboard, etc.). Thus far I have come up with this:

https://pcpartpicker.com/list/XGky29

One of the primary questions I have is with regard to the CPU and weather or not the i7-9700k is more than I need. I have considered the i7-8700k and the i5-8400 as alternatives but would be more inclined to go with the 8700k. Depending on the CPU the mobo would likely change.

As for graphics, I really like the look of the RTX 2070 but am a little hesitant after reading all of the failure reports of RTX cards in general. If I wasn't to go with an RTX card, I'm unsure which would be best for my budget as I'm finding that Nvidia cards come with more expensive monitors due to G-Sync while AMD provides cheaper options with lower(?) quality.

Finally if there are any parts that just seem out of place or that I could save money on I would love suggestions for alternatives. Thank you for your time and efforts!

that will run 4k with some tweaking get a 2080 or 2080ti for true 4k performance. do not get a single stick 16gb ram kit. get one that has 2x8gb instead so that you are running in dual channel and you aren't hampering performance