[SOLVED] Looking for laptop with Vega 8

malavena

Distinguished
Feb 9, 2007
Hello. I'm looking for a laptop with good battery life. I've read that the latest integrated graphics are good enough for simple leisure in med-low res (I play CIV, Cities Skylines, Skyrim).

I have two Lenovo Legions with 2060 graphics cards. They're mostly used by my kids as desktop replacements. My main issue with them is the short battery life even when not using the dedicated graphics. I need a laptop that I can take to work or bring to bed without fearing a shutdown.

I've been looking around in sites such as Amazon, but even though I use the filter I can't seem to find what I'm looking for.

My goal is for a Ryzen 5600G or 5700G processor (which, I have read, have Vega 8 graphics ... unless you suggest something better), 16GB of RAM, 14 or 15 inch IPS display (or at least a good quality one), 512GB or 1Tb SSD at around 800 euro.
BUT I cannot seem to find ANY laptop with such a processor, and I wouldn't like to buy a different model only to get much slower integrated graphics because it wasn't stated in the specs.

So, it wouldn't be a gaming laptop: just a normal one with decent battery life and that can take advantage of the latest integrated graphics.

OTOH, if there was any laptop with decent gaming capability (my desktop is a Q6600 with 8GB of RAM and a GTX660 graphics card, and it suits me well) and a really good battery life regardless of having a dedicated card, I'd be happy to hear about it.

That's why I resort to the hive knowledge. I live in Spain, BTW.

Thanks.

Last edited:
Solution
BUT I cannot seem to find ANY laptop with such a processor
They are desktop parts, not for a laptop, which is why you can't find that processor on a laptop.

Based on this list;
you could look into these;
https://www.amazon.com/Acer-Display-Octa-Core-Processor-SF314-43-R2YY/dp/B08YD1JLJF

though the possibility for availability in your region might vary.

Lutfij

Titan
BUT I cannot seem to find ANY laptop with such a processor
They are desktop parts, not for a laptop, which is why you can't find that processor on a laptop.

Based on this list;
you could look into these;
https://www.amazon.com/Acer-Display-Octa-Core-Processor-SF314-43-R2YY/dp/B08YD1JLJF

though the possibility for availability in your region might vary.

Reactions: malavena
Solution