Question Looking for LGA 1150 with PCIe 3.0 NVMe and form factor M2 (2280)

Dec 4, 2022
Hi,

I have a intel dh87mc motherboard with Corsair 12 gb DDR3 ram and intel i3 4130 processor .few days back it started creating problem like during start/ bootup making beep beep sound periodically and then restarting again and again . I consulted a technician and he suggested that there might be some problem with bios which needs to be updated because it's not linking RAM but I suspect that possibility so can anyone suggest what can be an issue here . Further this motherboard does not support latest PCIe 3.0 NVMe (PCIe Feb 3.0×4) with form factor M2 (2280) SSDs . So I want to know what would be the cheapest motherboard upgrade for supporting my needs .I will also be looking to add a graphic card for my ml programming needs in future ,so please provide suggestions considering all ,thank you !

Last edited:

USAFRet

Titan
Hi,

I have a intel dh87mc motherboard with Corsair 12 gb DDR3 ram and intel i3 4130 processor .few days back it started creating problem like during start/ bootup making beep beep sound periodically and then restarting again and again . I consulted a technician and he suggested that there might be some problem with bios which needs to be updated because it's not linking RAM but I suspect that possibility so can anyone suggest what can be an issue here . Further this motherboard does not support latest PCIe 3.0 NVMe (PCIe Feb 3.0×4) with form factor M2 (2280) SSDs . So I want to know what would be the cheapest motherboard upgrade for supporting my needs .I will also be looking to add a graphic card for my ml programming needs in future ,so please provide suggestions considering all ,thank you !
NVMe support for those boards was very spotty. Some/most, not at all.
And among the ones that did support, PCIe 2.0 at best.

Personally, I wouldn't stress over trying to get a PCIe 3.0 drive running in that.
A good quality SATA III SSD will serve just as well, without the brainache.

Dec 4, 2022
NVMe support for those boards was very spotty. Some/most, not at all.
And among the ones that did support, PCIe 2.0 at best.

Personally, I wouldn't stress over trying to get a PCIe 3.0 drive running in that.
A good quality SATA III SSD will serve just as well, without the brainache.
Thank you for responding , ok then can you please suggest what would be the best buy considering my needs having SATA III and HDMI slot . I am on tight budget , thank you .

Dec 4, 2022
Your current motherboard, if you get it fixed, already supports SATA III.
Thank you for your response , just need a little more suggestion . As suggested by my technician is it really possible that it can be resolved by bios update ? I have two RAMs one is of 4GB another 8GB having same manufacturer Corsair vengeance with same specs except size . In previous boot it showed memory reduced by 8GB ,only 4GB detected then I restarted and it worked fine and detected 11.x memory . I am having Ubuntu 18.04 64 bit . Next morning when I tried to run it started creating problem ,it gives three beeps with same intervals and then it restart and this repeats . So can you suggest what could be the possibility according to your understanding thank you

Dec 4, 2022
I tried to run it with each and it creating same problem repeating three beeps with interval three times and then restarting .for curiosity I tried to run it without RAM and it creating same issue so it seems Motherboard not detecting RAM ,same was told by technician with a suggestion to update bios to check further ,so what you think would bios update could be a resolution , thank you

USAFRet

Titan
I tried to run it with each and it creating same problem repeating three beeps with interval three times and then restarting .for curiosity I tried to run it without RAM and it creating same issue so it seems Motherboard not detecting RAM ,same was told by technician with a suggestion to update bios to check further ,so what you think would bios update could be a resolution , thank you
A BIOS update can't hurt. (unless it goes wrong)

TRENDING THREADS