Looking for low-budget components

RisKosGia

Commendable
Jun 12, 2016
Currently I have these pc specs.

MOTHERBOARD : ASUSTeK Computer INC. P5Q (LGA 775)
CPU : Intel Core 2 Duo E7300 @ 2.66GHz
VGA : SyncMaster on NVIDIA GeForce GT 630
RAM : 4.00GB Dual-Channel DDR2 @ 400MHz

I would like to upgrade my pc.Is it possible to buy better but reasonably priced cpu,vga and ram without changing the motherboard?Or I was thinking of changing cpu vga and ram and then the motherboard?Is it possible?What do you think?

Ty for your time! :)

Solution
Your CPU is pretty good! With your Mobo there really isn't any upgrade that is worth spending more money. If I were you I would upgrade your ram to 4x2 or 8x2; I would also upgrade your GPU to a GTX 950 or something like that You could wait for Nvidia GTX 1050 if they ever release something like that. The Radeon RX 480 is worth thinking about because the card is only 200 dollars and can do VR! You could save up some money and build your own. Or you could just buy a new one (but that is only if you have anymore leftover throwing around money.)

WiiUMasterGman

Reputable
May 11, 2016
Your CPU is pretty good! With your Mobo there really isn't any upgrade that is worth spending more money. If I were you I would upgrade your ram to 4x2 or 8x2; I would also upgrade your GPU to a GTX 950 or something like that You could wait for Nvidia GTX 1050 if they ever release something like that. The Radeon RX 480 is worth thinking about because the card is only 200 dollars and can do VR! You could save up some money and build your own. Or you could just buy a new one (but that is only if you have anymore leftover throwing around money.)

Solution

RisKosGia

Commendable
Jun 12, 2016

thanks for the answer!

Ryan_78

Honorable

are you kidding me. are you kidding me. an old C2D E7300 good for gaming? man you could buy an 8 dollar CPU like the Xeon E5650 off ebay and it will do better. and honestly, I disagree completely. a C2D on a RX 480? out of your mind? I mean sure its not bottlenecking, but sure it is a 90% limitation by the CPU. I don't know what you think, but 4x2? 8x2? the motherboard doesn't even have 8 slots. and plus its old DDR2 ram, as they have DDR4 nowadays. and a E7300 doing VR? man its nice to be from the future then, not the past

honestly, those specs are too old to be upgrading just single parts

save up to like 500 to 600 bucks and get a good new self build rig. i5 6500 and a RX 480

low priced components are almost always not worth the money or your time. they are poorly made and bad price/perframnce.

the only low budget would be used parts. and as I said, theres no need to upgrade anymore. its too old and shaky to be upgraded. just save up for a new rig