Looking for low budget gaming GPU

Clayton0315

Commendable
Dec 31, 2016
Hello there, I have the Dell inspiron 3847 Desktop with the i7 processor running windows 10 and the built in Intel hd Family GPU. I have never changed anything about this computer before and I am trying to upgrade the GPU and wondering if their is any GPU under 60 dollars that will make it work good for gaming. Thank you!

Solution
The original skyrim or the "remastered" edition? The original one should play fine with your iGPU, save at least $130-140 to get a decent graphics card, anything lower than that is not really worth it for gaming.

Clayton0315

Commendable
Dec 31, 2016

I have the I7-4790 CPU @ 3.60GHz
Im really looking for a GPU to make games like Skyrim a little lighter on my computer for a little higher FPS.

mlga91

Admirable
The original skyrim or the "remastered" edition? The original one should play fine with your iGPU, save at least $130-140 to get a decent graphics card, anything lower than that is not really worth it for gaming.

Solution
New cards suitable for gaming start at around the $100 price point. That's for a very basic entry level gaming card. Cards under $100 are suitable for people who lack integrated graphics and need a videocard but don't need a gaming card.

On the used market you might find good choices for around $60. However, be mindful of the fact that older cards usually use more power, so you need to be sure of what power supply you have and its capabilities.