Looking for low budget good gaming cpu !

Bharat gupta

Prominent
Jul 9, 2017
Hey guys ! I have bought a laptop which runs on amd a 10 7th gen 9600p and the company clocked it at 2.2 GHz without turbo boost boost ? Is it good for gaming ? What type of games can I run and can I do heavy gaming with it ?

Solution
The 9600p does fine in everyday tasks, but seriously lacks in the gaming department. Because you cannot upgrade the graphics card on a laptop (otherwise really hard to do), you're stuck with an APU. Probably set most of your games to minimal settings, might not even hit the 60FPS mark.

DSzymborski

Curmudgeon Pursuivant
Not particularly good for gaming. Can mostly squeeze out 2015 and earlier AAA games at very low settings, but it's unlikely games like Battlefield 1 or Far Cry Primal will be playable under any conditions. Best used for casual gaming, without a discrete GPU.

Mez123

Prominent
Jul 9, 2017
The 9600p does fine in everyday tasks, but seriously lacks in the gaming department. Because you cannot upgrade the graphics card on a laptop (otherwise really hard to do), you're stuck with an APU. Probably set most of your games to minimal settings, might not even hit the 60FPS mark.

Solution