Looking for low budget monitor

Sep 23, 2018
So I am currently looking for a monitor to buy for my setup, and I don't know which one to choose. I hate to say this, but I can't really go over $400 and would rather stay in the $200 to $350 range. I'm looking for a monitor with a refresh rate of above 60Hz, low input delay and an IPS panel.

Here are some that I have found.
https://www.newegg.ca/Product/Product.aspx?Item=0JC-0004-006F4
https://www.newegg.ca/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16824025552

I'm thinking of getting one of these monitors, but if you have any other recommendations, please let me know.

Solution

Well FYI. IPS monitor's aren't intended for gaming. They typically have lower refresh rates and lower response times. If you really want to buy a gaming monitor, going for a TN monitor will still provide you the results you need. However, if you're the type that designs, edits and simply like looking at beautiful things, then going for an IPS monitor is...
IPS monitirs usually cap put at 60Hz as the technology doesn't support 144Hz as it's not meant for gaming. It's good for Graphic Designers since the viewing angles are good and the colors are so vibrant.

I do know one LG model with 75Hz and IPS and low response time.

LG 24MP59G about 200$

Sep 23, 2018
I'm not sure if I really want a 144hz monitor because I have a GTX 1060, and Nvidia just released their new RTX line of graphics cards, I think that the 1060 will no longer be at the top of the food chain in 2-3 years and won't even be able to hit 144fps when future games come out. From what I've read, a 15hz upgrade still makes a big difference compared to 60hz. Still undecided.

Well FYI. IPS monitor's aren't intended for gaming. They typically have lower refresh rates and lower response times. If you really want to buy a gaming monitor, going for a TN monitor will still provide you the results you need. However, if you're the type that designs, edits and simply like looking at beautiful things, then going for an IPS monitor is of course the right choice.

The LG model I provided you is the closest thing to gaming monitor for IPS displays. After that, other brands like Acer and others have their equivalent to the LG model I showed you. But IMO this LG model have the best Design and that's something pretty important for me.

Solution

TRENDING THREADS