Looking for low power GPU for 3 monitor setup

puttar

Prominent
Dec 31, 2017
Hello,

I'm looking to add a GPU to support an additional 3rd monitor.

I have a HP P7-1510 system that has integrated video with 2 DVI outputs that can be used concurrently. I was hoping to just add a cheap low power card to the pci-e x16 slot, but the system specs page states "Either integrated graphics or the PCI Express x16 slot are usable at one time; they are not usable concurrently."

The system also has 3 pci-e x1 slots. I'm guessing I can use at least one of these concurrently with the integrated graphics since it hasn't been stated otherwise on the system specifications page.

Which route should I go, should I try to just use the integrated graphics with another card plugged into pci-e x1 slot or just use the pci-e x16 slot? In either case, what would be a good card to go with? I'm hoping to spend sub $100, but am willing to maybe go up to $150.

Here are the monitors I'm using:

HP w2408h (VGA, HDMI)

BenQ RL2755 (VGA, DVI, 2 HDMI)

Asus VS247H-P (VGA, DVI-D, HDMI)

Motherboard: Joshua-H61-uATX

PSU: 300W

Thanks!:)

Solution

puttar

Prominent
Dec 31, 2017

Thanks for replying,

I'll give the usb to hdmi a try.

As for the card, the one you've recommended has a single dvi and hdmi and looks to be for pci-e x16 which I wouldn't be able to use concurrently with the integrated graphics. Is there another low power one you can recommend with 3 outputs?

Mark RM

Admirable
Solution

puttar

Prominent
Dec 31, 2017

Awesome! Thanks!

Wasn't sure about active/passive when I was trying to research.