Looking for Monitor Recommendations

zi colossus iz

Commendable
Mar 10, 2016
Im looking to spend as little as possible with great performance. I purchased a galax gtx 1080 ex oc white and im looking for a dual monitor setup for this new pc im building. I would like these options but havent found one that fits me perfectly.

Monitor 1 (gaming monitor):
Gsync
1440p
24 inches
144hz
As little responce time as possible so around 1ms
HDMI port as well as Display Port

Monitor 1 (work/multitasking monitor):
24 inches
144hz
1440p
No gsync required
This monitor will be mostly just used as my multi tasking monitor to watch streams or play music while im doing something else. Some help would be great!

Solution
Eh... viewing angle is standard TN so not that swell. Not sure exactly how many degrees off it gets wonky.

If you do get one, be sure to turn deep sleep off right away. There are calibrated settings for it (or any other monitor you buy) at the tftcentral web site.
I'd highly recommend moving to 27" for 1440p - it's amazing if you have the space. 24" doesn't do it justice. I've been using mine (Dell S2716DG) for months now and am very happy with it. 1080p looks great on it as well. Should be able to find it for $600 (more with a sale) which is $100 or more less than similar Asus and Acer models.

For the 24" non-gsync the go-to 144hz monitor is the Asus VG 248QE.

zi colossus iz

Commendable
Mar 10, 2016

only reason id like the 144hz for both because isnt switching between each if 1 is 60 is going to feel allot slower response is it not?

zi colossus iz

Commendable
Mar 10, 2016

that dell monitor seems to be everything im looking for sucks its a TN panel but oh well :)

I looked at TN and IPS panels for about an hour and the IPS didn't sway me. The Dell looks great and there have been zero times in Witcher 3 or BF1 when I said to myself, "Self, I just don't think that black is black enough" or "gee, I wish that blood spatter was just a bit more red."

BUT, some folks perceive the differences much more. Happy gaming!

zi colossus iz

Commendable
Mar 10, 2016

Only thing that scares me is the viewing angle because ill prob be setting them up so im not exactly straight on the TN but very close 2 it. is the viewing angle still good even in conditions like that?

Eh... viewing angle is standard TN so not that swell. Not sure exactly how many degrees off it gets wonky.

If you do get one, be sure to turn deep sleep off right away. There are calibrated settings for it (or any other monitor you buy) at the tftcentral web site.

Solution