Looking for monitor

xyzyoussef

Reputable
May 11, 2015
Hi, I want to buy a monitor.

1. What Is Your Country Of Origin?
France

2. What do you plan to do with this monitor? (ex. Games, Movie Watching, Photo Editing, etc.)
Gaming, movies.

3. What resolution and screen size do you want?
1920*1080, 23', 16:9

4. What refresh rate do you want? (ex. 60 hz , 70 hz.)
60Hz

5. How much are you looking to spend?
maximum 150 €

6. Brands Preferred (ex. Samsung, Acer, Asus, AOC, HP, Viewsonic, etc. )
none

7. Brands Not Preferred (state reason why)
none

8. Are You Buying More Than One Monitor?
nope

9. How Many Displays Can Your GPU Support Maximum? And what GPU and driver version are you using if applicable?
I have a gtx 970

10. What Port Do You Want To Connect To (ex. DVI-D, HDMI, etc).
My MoBo is an Asus Z97-A, I don't know which port is best

11. Is This Monitor A Primary Display Or A Secondary Display?
primary

12. Is This A Secondary Display For A Laptop?
nope

Thanks for the input

fleebow8

Reputable
Feb 4, 2015
The Acer H236HLbid 60Hz 23.0" Monitor looks quite good. It is IPS (which means the colors quality will be quite good) and has a 5ms response rate. On Newegg you can get it for 130 euros here. It got tons of good reviews and lots of people have used it. It's nice and wide which should be good for movie watching. I recommend this. Hope this helps!

G

GENERALLY, you want to avoid IPS monitors for gaming, unless it's a higher end one that supports it. Look into the ASUS VN247H-P. It's a little over your max on Newegg, but I'm sure you can shop around. It has a 1ms response time. From personal experience, I can tell you the colors are just find. Plus ASUS has the pixel perfect warranty which means if you have any stuck/dead pixels on your monitor, they'll replace it. Plus it has nice thin bezels, so if you get another monitor down the road, it'll look better. :p

http://www.newegg.com/global/ie/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16824236307&cm_re=gaming_monitor-_-24-236-307-_-Product

fleebow8

Reputable
Feb 4, 2015

It really depends what games you are playing.

xyzyoussef

Reputable
May 11, 2015

I will mainly be playing solo games like batman arkham knight, so no competitive FPS or anything

As for the Acer H236HLbid 60Hz 23.0" Monitor, I can't seem to find it anywhere in Europe, so if you could recommend anything like it it would be appreciated,

Thanks

fleebow8

Reputable
Feb 4, 2015
Hi! Sorry for taking so long. Take a look at the AOC i2367Fh 60Hz 23.0" Monitor. It is a bit more expensive at around 135 euros but still under your budget. It also has speakers. Tell me if you can find this in the EU. Hope this helps!