[SOLVED] Looking for motherboard [and CPU] recommendation

Oct 29, 2021
Hello all,

I'm looking for recommendations on a mobo (and subsequently CPU) that support 128GB+ RAM and 4x RTX 3080s (ie PCIe lanes and PCIe 4.0). My budget for those two items is around $1,000, though less is always better. The purpose of this build is a password cracking rig. It will be running Ubuntu server (ie no GUI).

It seems like it comes down to x399/Threadrippers, Xeon, or HEDT, the first two of which I'm not incredibly versed with. Any suggestions or direction would be very appreciated.

Solution
i am not very sure of this one but
Best Flagship CPU for RTX 3080AMD Ryzen 5 5600X
Best Budget CPU for RTX 3080AMD Ryzen 9 3900X
according to google and also the AMD Ryzen 9 5900X is trough them i am not sure if they will support 4 rtx 3080s u can look into amds Epyc but i think they are over your price there is also Threadripper processors that you may find a good deal or intel xeon i am not sure in what i can find for you that supports 4 rtx 3080s but i am not sure on motherboard since i am not experienced with motherboards google dosent show results for cpus that support 4 3080s i still wish you good luck in finding something good
Nov 2, 2021
i am not very sure of this one but
Best Flagship CPU for RTX 3080AMD Ryzen 5 5600X
Best Budget CPU for RTX 3080AMD Ryzen 9 3900X
according to google and also the AMD Ryzen 9 5900X is trough them i am not sure if they will support 4 rtx 3080s u can look into amds Epyc but i think they are over your price there is also Threadripper processors that you may find a good deal or intel xeon i am not sure in what i can find for you that supports 4 rtx 3080s but i am not sure on motherboard since i am not experienced with motherboards google dosent show results for cpus that support 4 3080s i still wish you good luck in finding something good

Solution