[SOLVED] Looking for motherboard recommendations for r5 3600 ( Gaming )

iccanui

Reputable
Feb 7, 2018
Hi gang, settled on r5 3600 CPU. Trying to nail down a MB but im a little lost. Mostly do rocket league, VMware and other tech stuff.. Would love to go sub $150 with the following features.

• Dual M.2 ( willing to sacrifice this )
  • PCI 4 ( do i even need this ?, might upgrade GPU to 2070ish level soon if black friday has a good deal )
  • 3600mhz+ ram support
  • x570 ( again, do i need this ? )
I guess thats it, i dont need to future proof too hard, i plan in the next year or 2 building a high end PC, im just trying to get a decent computer up and running till i get back to work and stuff. Mostly doing studying, IT labs and like i said, rocket league which i have a 144hz monitor coming for.

Thanks so much. Stay safe out there !

Solution
Hi gang, settled on r5 3600 CPU. Trying to nail down a MB but im a little lost. Mostly do rocket league, VMware and other tech stuff.. Would love to go sub $150 with the following features.

• PCI 4 ( do i even need this ?, might upgrade GPU to 2070ish level soon if black friday has a good deal )
  • 3600mhz+ ram support
I guess thats it, i dont need to future proof too hard, i plan in the next year or 2 building a high end PC, im just trying to get a decent computer up and running till i get back to work and stuff. Mostly doing studying, IT labs and like i said, rocket league which i have a 144hz monitor coming for.

Thanks so much. Stay safe...

• 3600mhz+ ram support

Thanks so much. Stay safe out there !
MSI Tomahawk b450 Max is still a perfect MB for 6core Ryzen and will get support for Ryzen 5000. That should keep you running till next generation.

Reactions: iccanui
Solution

iccanui

Reputable
Feb 7, 2018
MSI Tomahawk b450 Max is still a perfect MB for 6core Ryzen and will get support for Ryzen 5000. That should keep you running till next generation.

Thanks so much, this was one of the ones i was looking at. A second opinion is so helpful. At this point i just want to see whats gonna come out for prime day then order a monitor and my stuff. So tonight.

Anyway, thanks again!

TRENDING THREADS