Looking for Motherboard with 2 IDE ports

sasieee

Reputable
Mar 5, 2014
Hi, I am upgrading my home desktop PC. I want to only upgrade Motherboard, CPU and RAM and retain rest of the items.

Planning to upgrade to intel i3 processor. I want to retain my IDE 500GB Hard Disk drive and the IDE DVD-Burner. I want to know which motherboard supports 2 IDE ports and also support intel i3 processor.

Please HELP!!!

Solution
OK so after some research your best bet is to go with a Gen 1 i3 CPU and a 1156 board. Both of these are discontinued items, however there are tons of them on Ebay. If you can find a Gigabyte p55 board (ATX, any series), it's almost guaranteed to come with an IDE connector.

Benevolence

Honorable
Dec 2, 2013
Your best bet is to keep the hard disk and replace the DVD burner with an SATA version, it will only cost you about $20 to replace it. This is a good deal as any board with an i3 (any generation) and 2 IDE ports will be rather expensive. If you want to buy new, go with the Haswell series, if looking for used, Ebay has a great selection of high end 1156 and 1150 (gen 1 and 2) parts for cheap.

sasieee

Reputable
Mar 5, 2014
Thank you everyone.

@Benevolence: So the best solution would be to use a motherboard with 1 IDE port. Which model in Haswell series has 1 IDE slot and support i3 processor as well. Request you to give me the model number.

Thanks

Benevolence

Honorable
Dec 2, 2013
OK so after some research your best bet is to go with a Gen 1 i3 CPU and a 1156 board. Both of these are discontinued items, however there are tons of them on Ebay. If you can find a Gigabyte p55 board (ATX, any series), it's almost guaranteed to come with an IDE connector.

Solution

sasieee

Reputable
Mar 5, 2014
1. Full ATX cabinet.
2. PC mostly used for surfing.
3. Present Monitor is Samsung Sync Master 793 (1280 x 1024).

I want to retain the ATX cabinet, Hard Disk and monitor.

Want to change CPU (intel i3), Motherboard (any make having 1xIDE slot), RAM (suitable) and DVD burner.