Question Looking for my first wireless mouse, probably Razr.

axlrose

Distinguished
Jun 11, 2008
Hoping I might come into a few bucks soon, and hoping to maybe turn it into a wireless mouse. I've had my current mouse for so long, I don't know anything else. The cable started wearing out a couple of years ago though, so that moving to the right often causes it to drop. It looks like it might be a logitech mx518, or something very close. I seem to put the whole mouse in the palm of my hand. I'm right handed. There are a few buttons on this mouse, but other than the wheel and two main buttons, I've never used any buttons on a mouse.

Thanks for any advice.

tecmo34

Administrator
Coming from Logitech, you could look at the Logitech G PRO X SUPERLIGHT. It is still considered on the best mice around. You can't go wrong with the Deathadder V3 (V2 still good too) or Viper V2 Pro, either. If you have a Best Buy or Micro Center near where you live, it might be helpful to go into the store and get a feel for these mice. I would put in Glorious, Pulsar X2 or Atlantis Lamzu into the mix too.

Reactions: axlrose

Math Geek

Titan
Ambassador
i have a basilik x hyperspeed i got a couple years ago. i love it and would recommend it. there is an updated v2 and v3 models as well as "pro" "rgb" models and such for more cash. i've had no reason to update. think i paid like $40 for it on sale.

this is my first "gaming" mouse as i have only ever used the cheap $20 mouse keyboard combo's before. but i don't see any reason to look elsewhere :)

works fine on both bluetooth or 2.4 ghz modes.

just my 2 cents

Reactions: axlrose

axlrose

Distinguished
Jun 11, 2008
Coming from Logitech, you could look at the Logitech G PRO X SUPERLIGHT. It is still considered on the best mice around. You can't go wrong with the Deathadder V3 (V2 still good too) or Viper V2 Pro, either. If you have a Best Buy or Micro Center near where you live, it might be helpful to go into the store and get a feel for these mice. I would put in Glorious, Pulsar X2 or Atlantis Lamzu into the mix too.

Great idea. Best Buy and Microcenter don't seem to have any at close locations, but maybe they have a display model, just none in stock to purchase?

axlrose

Distinguished
Jun 11, 2008
i have a basilik x hyperspeed i got a couple years ago. i love it and would recommend it. there is an updated v2 and v3 models as well as "pro" "rgb" models and such for more cash. i've had no reason to update. think i paid like $40 for it on sale.

this is my first "gaming" mouse as i have only ever used the cheap $20 mouse keyboard combo's before. but i don't see any reason to look elsewhere :)

works fine on both bluetooth or 2.4 ghz modes.

just my 2 cents

This one seems to have WAY longer battery life. Any idea why? I thought looking at the models I linked, they were advertising 70 hours. This is 300-400 hours?

Math Geek

Titan
Ambassador
no idea why, but i can verify how long the battery lasts. think i've replaced it maybe 3 times in well over a year of daily use.

BT mode has a very aggressive power saver feature when it goes to sleep. it takes a long time to "wake up" 10 secs and more at times!! but on 2.4 ghz it is instant waking up. for that reason i stuck with the 2.4 ghz mode.

axlrose

Distinguished
Jun 11, 2008
Went to a local best buy and they did have displays, but nothing in the store. Deathadder didn't fit my hand. Bailisk was good, but I don't use any of the buttons and I'm not sure I could avoid hitting them where they are placed. Viper fit the best. Was SUPER light though, like hollow like a plastic easter egg hollow. Anyone used it? I'm leaning toward that one. Best buy has them on sale through tomorrow.